Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TC1/VMC1 V2 (7-0) and Premium Access Released

TC1/VMC1 V2 (7-0) and Premium Access Released

I see that the V2 (internally revved as "7-0") and Premium Access downloader/installers for TC1 and VMC1 were released overnight.
    You'll find them on the downloads page: https://www.newtek.com/downloads/

I want to provide a couple of remarks in hopes of answering some questions that might arise:

• The "User Guide" link in the group labeled "TC1 / VMC1 Premium Access" opens a PDF describing the complete Premium Access installation process.

• The download group labeled "TC1 / VMC1 Premium Access" is linked to Premium Access downloads, primarily content for use with PA. The associated features can only be enabled for use in the system if you have already installed the V2 software.

• The actual V2 software upgrade (a.k.a, 7-0) is separately listed under TC1 and VMC1 headings labeled "Version: 7-0-181017". This is a free (and massive) upgrade for TC1 and VMC1, even without Premium Access.

• There are a lot of new features in 7-0, and some changes. While it's almost never wise to upgrade just prior to a production, this is especially true when upgrading to 7-0. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the changes, or you could run into some surprises.

• Further documentation on Premium Access only features can be found in the Premium Access Quickstart Guide, the LiveGraphics Instructions manual, and an Appendix at the back of the V2 manual for TC1/VMC1.

I'll try to respond to other questions about either V2 or Premium Access here as they arise.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

What other updates are included in the V2 7 upgrade (without premium access)? The read me file doesn't list any.
    Marty Jenoff
    TC-1
    TC 40 v2
    Canon c100, Canon XF305, XF205, XF105
    Focal Point Productions, Inc.
    Baltimore, Maryland
    www.focalpp.com

Wow, great question. I will try to scavenge up a complete list (or add to this one), but off the top of my head, as highlights I'd include:

• The Express (one-button) switcher - not for everyone, but possibly ideal for smaller productions (especially when dealing with less experienced or volunteer operators).

• Adaptive main multiview takes full advantage of the ability to collapse everything below the Switcher (providing a cleaner UI with significantly larger ISO monitors)

• Context-sensitive video config dialogs. For example, the config panel for a DDR now includes a playlist and most DDR controls. Open the same panel from a DSK, and it will include a complete set of DSK positions tools, etc., along with the DDR. For a PTZ camera, the config panel includes PTZ presets and controls, etc., etc.

• Config panels have been cleaned up considerably to make room for this. (Among other benefits, PTZ setup is finally all in one place, rather than scattered in three different panes).

• PTZ cameras can be connected to any external input (i.e., any of the 16 inputs for TC1 or 44 for VMC1), not just 8 as in 6-0.

• Support for touch screens: (optionally) tap an ISO monitor to perform a (background) switch to that source, or to display a DSK; two-finger tap a viewport to open a config panel, and more of this sort of thing...

• External recorders doubled from 4-8

• Audio faders built into the VU's for ISO monitor viewports.

• Brand new Notification panel to replace the old 'error flash' system in the Dashboard. (Among other aspects of this, you are now notified of additions to the DataLink 'watch folder').

• The mini BKGD monitors shown in the Switcher and M/Es now shows the (clean) preview row source (when appropriate).

I'll update this list as the next few days go by ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Marty,

I just did a *quick* scan through the TC1 V2 User Guide to look for obvious changes and found the following new features for TC1 (non-Premium Access).

EXPRESS MODE - optional simpler single-row switcher interface and multi-view layout

TOUCH SCREEN SUPPORT - touch screen supported for LIVE interface, tap a displayport to send that source to PROG

PTZ CONTROL REVAMP - new layout and features for software PTZ control, incl. invert joystick and slow-med-fast speed options for moving between PTZ presets

OUTPUT CONFIG MATRIX - new interface "matrix" to choose which MIX goes to which output and also shows thumbnails of the MIX sources (VMC1 only??)

DSK PRESETS - appears that CROP and POSITION can now be configured inside each source, rather than globally in DSK, so different sources can have different settings in DSK?

COMPS - interface updated a bit, and seems also that COMP settings for sources are integrated into source setup as with DSK presets above?

I've not installed or played with the software yet, all observations above made in haste from scanning User Guide, that's all. Not responsible for errors ;-)

Of course, V2 will be required to use any Premium Access features, but PA not part of this discussion (but Virtual PTZ sure looks sweet !!!)

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 10-19-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Wow! thats a lot.
    Marty Jenoff
    TC-1
    TC 40 v2
    Baltimore, Maryland
    www.focalpp.com

p.s., I'll continue to add to this list, but here's the "What's New" doc from the V2 installation, which covers some of the important updates.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    DSK PRESETS - appears that CROP and POSITION can now be configured inside each source, rather than globally in DSK, so different sources can have different settings in DSK?
    There isn't really any new functionality here. Each source has had its own local position and crop controls for some time.
    Now, however, if you open the DSK/KEY config panel, you have access to all DSK along with controls relevant to the current source ... rather than having to open another panel, if that makes sense to you.

DSK COMPS - interface updated a bit, and seems also that COMP settings for sources are integrated into source setup as with DSK presets above?
    This just makes it a bit easier to get to Comps for a given M/E ... you don't really have to display an M/E tab to access it's controls, and everything relevant is in one place.

OUTPUT CONFIG MATRIX - new interface "matrix" to choose which MIX goes to which output and also shows thumbnails of the MIX sources (VMC1 only??)
    I confess I'm not really sure what this is referring to. Got a page/section reference, Jeff?

... V2 will be required to use any Premium Access features, but PA not part of this discussion (but Virtual PTZ sure looks sweet !!!)
    I think we're going to wonder how we ever got along without it.

(In an upcoming release, it get's even better, since you can just assign a CS joystick to "Follow Preview" and easily adjust virtually any source as though it were a PTZ camera.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIX outputs.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	143149

The above is Pg. 28 in the manual and prefaced by "VMC1 Only"

Also, Steve - um, where it the PTZ tab? Cannot find it

For anyone eager to install V2, you will need to update the GTX 1050ti graphics driver before it will run, so maybe download that beforehand so you have it ready.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

thanks all
    Marty Jenoff
    TC-1
    TC 40 v2
    Baltimore, Maryland
    www.focalpp.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIX outputs.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	143149The above is Pg. 28 in the manual and prefaced by "VMC1 Only"
    Aah, thanks. This is not actually a new (7-0) feature. It has been in VMC1 from the beginning.

PTZ control is now in the PTZ tab of the config panel for each source assigned to a PTZ camera. (With Premium Access enabled, every source has similar controls, since even non-PTZ sources get Pan and Scan, which is very nearly the same in the UI.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

If you look at the release notes for TC1, a link has been added for a video that explains many of the new features found in TC1/VMC1 v2 (Rev 7.0) and Premium Access.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I watched the video earlier today. Great job Kane! I'm sold. Sign me up for Premium. some exciting new features.
    Marty Jenoff
    TC-1
    TC 40 v2
    Baltimore, Maryland
    www.focalpp.com

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I installed yesterday on a VMC and added one year of Premium Access to use the KVM feature for a control room video wall and it was AWESOME!!!

Still need to test many of the new functions but I also liked the Pan and Scan per inputs, PTZ moved to Input settings I guess makes sense to move it there, new GUI style looks good, and a few other things that I will dig into tomorrow and Monday.
    The one thing I noticed right away is the countdown was replace on the multiviews and replaced with the Blue, Yellow and Red scrub bar. I am really hoping I can make the countdown show though as in a control room, the director/producer/crew like to see how much time is left on a clip.
    But first glance and go at it, I like

Take care,
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    The one thing I noticed right away is the countdown was replace on the multiviews and replaced with the Blue, Yellow and Red scrub bar. I am really hoping I can make the countdown show though as in a control room, the director/producer/crew like to see how much time is left on a cLip.
    Making controls a little bigger to support touch required some compromises, but I wanted to mention that you can still assign the timecode from your DDRs to a viewport in a Multiview, Jose.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Thanks Steve I figured as much and tomorrow I’ll do that
    Will also take advantage of the new Dante channels

Take care,
    Last edited by joseburgos; 10-20-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast