Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: TC1/VMC1 V2 (7-0) and Premium Access Released

Since we are talking about playing around with the interface, I'd personally love it on a TC1 if I could get something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tricaster Interface Mockup.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	143378
    Since there's three MV outputs the third (not pictured) would be a standard MV. That way with the screen full of DDRs (with useful counters, and always-visible bin selectors) I could give the keyboard/mouse to an assistant to line my clips up for me. Therefore my interface and multiview are for me, and from the interface I can see all the info I need on one screen.

Just fyi, to keep it all in one location, I've merged all of the PTZ tab related posts from this thread into a dedicated one, which you can find here: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...cussing-PTZ-UI
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi guys,
    I'm discovering this new V7 update on my TC1s. I'm trying to adjust to its new features and design step by step. I just have one little question for now.
    What is this icon ?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 201
Size:  3.1 KB

I've seen it on the DDR "control panel" and also on the Newtek browser but I haven't been able to find anything about it in the documentation (maybe I've been too quick )
    Lola Thomas
    Certified Tricaster Proline & 3Play 4800 Operator
    --------------
    TriCasters : Mini, Mini SDI, 860, 8000, TC1 (with AE)
    IP Series : VMC1, VMC1 In
    3Play : 3Play 4800
    Talkshow : VS-100

This button enables multi-select mode. It's really only of much use if you are running on a touch-screen.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks you so much for your reactivity ! If I understand it well it equals a drag and select when you're running touch screen mode ?
    Lola Thomas
    Certified Tricaster Proline & 3Play 4800 Operator
    --------------
    TriCasters : Mini, Mini SDI, 860, 8000, TC1 (with AE)
    IP Series : VMC1, VMC1 In
    3Play : 3Play 4800
    Talkshow : VS-100

Quote Originally Posted by webslave View Post
    Since we are talking about playing around with the interface, I'd personally love it on a TC1 if I could get something like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tricaster Interface Mockup.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	754.8 KB 
ID:	143378
    Since there's three MV outputs the third (not pictured) would be a standard MV. That way with the screen full of DDRs (with useful counters, and always-visible bin selectors) I could give the keyboard/mouse to an assistant to line my clips up for me. Therefore my interface and multiview are for me, and from the interface I can see all the info I need on one screen.
    I love your design.

Allow me to take it one more step. Allow to select the DDR/GFX full control as an option in any MV box.

Steve,

The ability to lock the interface layout so it can't be changed. My clients have multiple TD's coming in to run productions - they are not TriCaster experts at all. They want the interface to look exactly the same each time. It would be easy for someone to change the interface layout either by mistake or deliberately and then the next day the new TD doesnt know what he is looking at. So a checkbox hidden somewhere to say the interface cannot be resized, switched to simple mode etc.

Have already discussed this with Andrew but with nearly all the other critical gear I install (encoders, decoders, audio consoles, multiplexers, transmitters etc) there is an option to update and switch between 2 different versions of the firmware/operating system. I know with the FPGAs it is not so easy but having a way of switching between two versions of the software would be really useful. Take the current version you could start training/testing on it, but switch back to the previous version until everyone was trained AND it had been tested thoroughly. In the end to end workflow from studio to the antenna only two pieces of equipment don't allow you to do this - the cameras and the VMC1. All the other audio and video gear have this capability.

Mark
    Last edited by TTFNTV; 11-24-2018 at 05:48 PM.
    Mark

Broadcast Engineering & Consultancy Worldwide

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345