Thread: Move Plus Configure Menu Name

Move Plus Configure Menu Name

Hi guys, what is the actual name of move plus that is in the modify menu for lw modeler? Move plus doesn't exist there so it must have a really weird name. Reason I ask because I want to move move plus to a different tab in the menu or create a hot key for it. Thanks!
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

It's easy to find stuff that's in the menus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-10-17_01-04-14.gif 
Views:	45 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	143121

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Oh right duh. . .lol. I forgot you had to click the find button. Then that gives you the name in the left collumn. Funny Move Plus is just called translate =P.
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonwestmas View Post
    Oh right duh. . .lol. I forgot you had to click the find button. Then that gives you the name in the left collumn. Funny Move Plus is just called translate =P.
    Yeah, fortunately only a few are like that. ::sigh::

My MAIN use of the Menu Editor is to FIND things, so it would be a GREAT feature if the SEARCH function were automagically engaged (mousing & clicking are heinously slow in UI time, really WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT ON?). Fortunately for PC users AHK can be configured to auto-click the Search box. You'd be amazed how much nicer it is that way.

It's little things like this that don't get implemented after years of requests that made me move away from LW.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Yeah, fortunately only a few are like that. ::sigh::

My MAIN use of the Menu Editor is to FIND things, so it would be a GREAT feature if the SEARCH function were automagically engaged (mousing & clicking are heinously slow in UI time, really WHY THE HELL ISN'T IT ON?). Fortunately for PC users AHK can be configured to auto-click the Search box. You'd be amazed how much nicer it is that way.

It's little things like this that don't get implemented after years of requests that made me move away from LW.
    mmhmm, I hear yah. The program is just too large to clean up apparently. I always have my, if only lightwave allowed me to do this or that, I could be so much faster moments (Especially with the lack of objects and old fashioned layer system). Instead we get work around advice, which is nice but so much less effective.

Well anyway, I'm still using modeler because of the lightwave cad tools. Which is the best polygon hard-surface tool set I've used to date. I've tried modo 8 and maya 2018 and they are nice, except I still get higher precision much faster inside of lwcad. This is true at least for my hard surface designs. Then the zbrush booleans and optimization tools are super great companions for 3d print models. If lightwave had lwcad and zbrush's optimizations. . .well it would rule Imo.

Probably some day I'll have to do my hard surface modeling inside of some CAD program but I'm hoping LWcad will get into layout so I don't have to learn another program. Best of luck to WTools and The Lightwave Layout people heh.
    Last edited by jasonwestmas; 10-18-2018 at 12:51 PM.