Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best plugins for Lightwave 2018

Newbie Member

Best plugins for Lightwave 2018

Getting back into LightWave, what are the must have plugins for LightWave 2018?

We need to know what your production focus is to answer this question meaningfully.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post
    We need to know what your production focus is to answer this question meaningfully.
    Do you have anything cooking, Ryan?

LWCAD and 3rd Powers stuff (esp Paint Weights for Layout) is top of my list.

OT tool set, of course! it's what in my opinion makes LW 2018 really worth the upgrade, apart the new native pb render engine. it was already available for LW 2015, but this version is a completely different animal, as oliver's tools use all the new SDK options of LW 2018. most of the plugins have been impossible to code in the older version. with the tool set, LW becomes so much more powerful - but you will need some time to learn all the new options.

if you are doing archviz (and not only then), the LWCAD is the most powerful modeler tool and continues to be in LW 2018.

i also highly recommend db&w's exrtrader and nodemeister, both optimized for the new version.

the new pb engine in LW is a nice upgradel, but i prefer to use octane's GPU based engine in order to get faster output with a more limited hardware investment (instead of CPU cores, GPU cards). the LW plugin is very well adapted to version 2018 and some of the OD tools and nodemeister are even supporting it.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

LWCAD for modeling.
    3rd Powers for Modeling (LW Brush, Metamesh, Boolean, Heat Shrink+, 3d Sticker) and Animation (Weight Paint, Lattice and cage deformers).
    RHiggit2 for Rigging and Animation.
    OD Tools in general.

There are some task specific scripts that are freebies, it depends on what you want to do...

- - - Updated - - -

LWCAD for modeling.
    3rd Powers for Modeling (LW Brush, Metamesh, Boolean, Heat Shrink+, 3d Sticker) and Animation (Weight Paint, Lattice and cage deformers).
    RHiggit2 for Rigging and Animation.
    OD Tools in general.

There are some task specific scripts that are freebies, it depends on what you want to do...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Not really a plug-in, but when you get to doing UV work look into RizomUV.

https://www.rizom-lab.com/products/rizomuv-rs/

One of the scripts in OD_Tools is a bridge to Rizom, but using it as a standalone works fine as well.

Oh, and another script with OD_Tools is one to copy UV's between objects.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

The Big Apexx System:
    AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2990WX Processor (3.00GHz)
    64GB DDR4-2666
    2x NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB 32 Core (64 cores avail)

Top Dog
    I concur: OD Toolset is a must have. Check out when Oliver presented at the LALWUG: https://youtu.be/arHCgHlHud4

Some amazing stuff.

Without the shadow of a doubt : Octane Render !
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Newbie Member
    I am with the National Museum of the United States Air Force. We build Exhibits. Our use of LightWave is for Architecture (CAD), visualization, and some (little) 2d and 3d animation.

Newbie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    OT tool set, of course! it's what in my opinion makes LW 2018 really worth the upgrade, apart the new native pb render engine. it was already available for LW 2015, but this version is a completely different animal, as oliver's tools use all the new SDK options of LW 2018. most of the plugins have been impossible to code in the older version. with the tool set, LW becomes so much more powerful - but you will need some time to learn all the new options.

if you are doing archviz (and not only then), the LWCAD is the most powerful modeler tool and continues to be in LW 2018.

i also highly recommend db&w's exrtrader and nodemeister, both optimized for the new version.

the new pb engine in LW is a nice upgradel, but i prefer to use octane's GPU based engine in order to get faster output with a more limited hardware investment (instead of CPU cores, GPU cards). the LW plugin is very well adapted to version 2018 and some of the OD tools and nodemeister are even supporting it.
    Thanks this is very helpful!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all, this really helps!

mermering,

check out freshly done on the forum

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...02#post1556302

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast