Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LW2019 - Layout viewport performance with active modifiers fixed - Thank you NewTek!

LW2019 - Layout viewport performance with active modifiers fixed - Thank you NewTek!

One of the issues I reported - the viewport performance slow down with active deformers is fixed in LW2019.

Thank you NewTek for fixing this!

(Case LWB-3970) LightWave Layout viewport is slow with high poly objects and active Deformers in Modifier Stack
    Issue LWB-3970 has been marked as CLOSED.
    Improvements in LW2019 have fixed this. Deforming meshes are no longer being rebuilt for OpenGL if the mesh hasn't changed.

So the build they are working with is being called 2019? If it is that sounds like they intend to try and get a yearly release going which would be nice as long as they can pack it with enough value.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    So the build they are working with is being called 2019? If it is that sounds like they intend to try and get a yearly release going which would be nice as long as they can pack it with enough value.
    I guess we will see come Jan1.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    One of the issues I reported - the viewport performance slow down with active deformers is fixed in LW2019.

(Case LWB-3970) LightWave Layout viewport is slow with high poly objects and active Deformers in Modifier Stack
    Improvements in LW2019 have fixed this. Deforming meshes are no longer being rebuilt for OpenGL if the mesh hasn't changed.
    Thank you, I am also looking forward to these changes. Let's hope to see all this in the near future.

We just have to wait and see... lw2018 was called lw2016 long before it was released.

How do we view our submitted bug reports so see what their situation is?
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

There should be a link on your account page, the one where you download Lightwave from.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    We just have to wait and see... lw2018 was called lw2016 long before it was released.
    Maybe that's just what they are using as a name then until they decide the build has enough stuff to push out as an upgrade. I still don't think the yearly naming convention makes any sense unless they are intending to try and put out a new version every year.

They should name it Lightwave CC so there is no obligation to add any new features but ensure a steady revenue stream. Surely this is an original idea.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

LW 2019??
    Whoa. What secrets do you know, Marander??

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    There should be a link on your account page, the one where you download Lightwave from.
    Thanks. Found it. A number of open bug reports but none I can see that mention being fixed in 2019.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post

If accurate, that'd be a strong indication Newtek has already "switched over" from working on LW2018 updates onto the next paid version upgrade.

Considering how few actual issue fixes and improvements came in those "six updates" (Newtek even acknowledged they were tiny with the .0.x designations), and the current state of LW2018 in terms of broken/incomplete functionality, Newtek declaring LW2018 "done" would be a horrible mistake, IMO. Of couse, it wouldn't be their first such mistake, nor even the least bit surprising that they'd make such a mistake again so soon after the last.

Oh well, I'm sure the Faithful will be along to circle the wagons and declare how wonderful LW2018 has been for everyone. Good luck with that.
    Last edited by jwiede; 10-10-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

If we do not raise the question of the level of implementation of the LW instruments, then with regard to production, the main problem is constant lags - this accompanies you in each more or less large scenes. Take the landscape with instances, add a couple of characters with FFX and the performance will drop to almost zero and equal the performance of the LW 5-6 versions. To this we need to add hang-ups between Layout and Modeler, when you work with more or less complex objects and scenes.
    And in sum, we get a product that works with persistent problems, which even various fashionable features do not save.
    I really hope that they will be able to put in order at the next version of LW their Hydra-engine. This would smooth out my personal negative impressions of the overall performance. The potential of the Hydra engine is good, but the realization of this is still very raw.

If it is that sounds like they intend to try and get a yearly release going which would be nice as long as they can pack it with enough value.
    Certainly doesn't seem like they've done so for LW2018 given current state. Little to no reason to expect them to do better for LW2019.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    If accurate, that'd be a strong indication Newtek has already "switched over" from working on LW2018 updates onto the next paid version upgrade.
    I agree it does sound like they have moved on to having an early build of the next paid version. If this is the case I assume then that any bugs fixed will only be fixed for the next major release. It would be nice if they were able to bake out bug fix builds for 2018 from the internal 2019 build but I doubt that's even possible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast