Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: nuArchitect python version

Hello raw-m,

here is a new nuSetPath.py
    Please overwrite to old one with this.

nuSetPath.zip

With the new one (which is much more wide) you will see after you press "Store" 2 pathes in the message-area.
    The first one (the upper) will show the path that is stored, the second one (the lower) will Show where the file "nuSoft.dat" is stored.

Please check if this is both correct. And check if you will find the file "nuSoft.dat" in the second path.

If the file "nuSoft.dat" isnt present there, than you can try to create it by your own there (I don't know if the MAC maybe not allow you [the script] to write there).
    Maybe a MAC-User can help out here.

The following is a copy of the file on my PC. You can edit it with a simple Editor for txt-files.
    nuSoft.zip
    The first line is the path where the nuSoft-structure is searched
    The second line is a bool of the global TGA Status
    The third is a bool of use the Color as Default
    the 4th, 5th and 6th are the rgb values for the Color you want
    the last 5 values are the values of the material-category

You can edit this file and place it where the error message say it is not found.

The last error on your console says:
    Code:
    ...2018/nuSoft
    this is the path where the files *.nal and so on are searched (the path which is to be set)
    Is this really the right path or did this path really not exist?

Regards,
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 10-11-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Thanks again for persisting. I’m away from my computer for the rest of the day and will pick it up in the morning

Kanuso.. do you have a video of all the useful items being used? I thought a while back, you did.. unless I'm thinking of something else. No biggie. Thanks!

edit... maybe I'm just thinking of the document page with the pictures.

I will assume that the fix downloads aren't needed for Windows?

I put the nuSoft directory in my user directory, and the nuArchitect stuff in my LW_Python directory, and everything worked.

As a suggestion, for future versions, how about an installer script?

And now, to play with the GUI designer...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    I will assume that the fix downloads aren't needed for Windows?
    If all scripts are working with your Installation, than you do not need the fixes. But if you get strange Messages in the python console about missing or wrong pathes, than you should use the fixes. In the creationprocess of the scripts, there is no Change.

As a suggestion, for future versions, how about an installer script?
    Yes, I think this would be a nice idea, but on the rapid there will no idea comming up to me on how to do this.
    The script must work on PC and MAC, it must handle every single file, and so on. If anybody can give me an idea on how to make such a script, I will work on it.
    Maybe in the first step a script that creates the pathes and a description of what file must be installed where. I was not able to upload a single zip with all files in it, that is one of the reasons why I did not create a installer script.

And now, to play with the GUI designer...
    You can use "F1" in the GUI-Designer to reach a HTML-Help.

Regards,
    KANUSO
    Last edited by KANUSO; 10-15-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mummyman View Post
    Kanuso.. do you have a video of all the useful items being used? I thought a while back, you did.. unless I'm thinking of something else. No biggie. Thanks!

edit... maybe I'm just thinking of the document page with the pictures.
    There is a Video out there from an early Version of nuArchitect. Maybe you have this in mind... It was created by erikals. If we all beg him to create an actual one, than he would maybe do it again
    An Example HTML is to be found in the "nuArchitect_dat2.zip" This is a html wich shows examples of the modeler-output of the actual scripts.

Regards,
    KANUSO

Thanks KANUSO! Got it working but couldn't have done it without your .dat example. In my case, I had to add a forward slash at the front of the path name - it's now working Thank you
    Last edited by raw-m; 10-16-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Some minor, annoying things from the Panel Designer:
    -It is spamming 4193 to the python console.
    -Also, clicking on a control in the previewed panel doesn't automatically select that control in the control list...
    -Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?

Otherwise, very neat plugin. I had the framework for the Python version of my Symmetric Weight Assignment set up in minutes.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Hello Kryslin,

the nuPanelDesign is accidently in the bundle. It is a pre-Version of the nuGUIDesign. So you should use nuGUIDesign. The spam is from "print the reached keycode". I will look at this an do not print further... sorry, I didn't remove the "hint-debug".

I don't know what you mean with:
    Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?

Regards,
    KANUSO

Here's one from the nuGUIDesign...
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\nuGUIDesign.py", line 45, in process
        guiedit.designdialog(8,30,self.nusoftpath,nuSoftLib.nulib)
      File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 856, in designdialog
        dlg.extrainit(nsp)
      File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 1109, in extrainit
        self.utempfill()
      File "C:\Users\Kryslin\My Python\nuArchitect\guiedit\__init__.py", line 3706, in utempfill
        dmytxt=[x for x in os.listdir(lookpath) if x.endswith(".nut")]
    WindowsError: [Error 21] The device is not ready: 'D:\\nuSoft\\GUI\\Templates/*.*'
    Something tells me I don't have something installed...

With regards to my second item:
    The controls are named with their panel names. I was curious if there was a way to display the more familiar (to me, anyway) lscript names.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Nevermind, I got it working. I did need to run the fix nuSetPath script.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

-Alternatively, the controls could be labeled like their lscript counterparts. Or is this something a template does?
    The names, that will be generated by nuGUIDesigner are directly based on what you see in the leftmost listbox. So showing the names from LScript is not implemented in a fast way... But maybe I will find a way and a future version can Show LScriptnames too.

I think you are a bit confused about nuGUIDesign and the use of "Templates". The stored Templates (if you save a template, there is no saved template after installation) are nothing other than saved GUI's. So if you save a GUI, you indirectly have a template (or vice versa). The difference is the last char of the filename Extension (.nug .nut). This is a remnant of the early nuGUIDesign scripts.

I hope this will help you further.

Regards,
    KANUSO

Yep, it does.

Now, to figure out what ctlsep() is in panel-ese...
    (Sym. Weight Assign uses them. So does Build Null Objects. And a few others.)
    Last edited by Kryslin; 10-17-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Now, to figure out what ctlsep() is in panel-ese...
    You can use a "canvas" to create a seperator. Use a canvas with reduced height to 0 or 1 (or at last very low) for a horizontal one, and with reduced width to build a vertical one.

Regards,
    KANUSO

Danke.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast