Thread: Stop animation?

Stop animation?

This is probably a super dumb question but I've just picked up LW again after many years. I've been going through tutorials and trying to reacquaint myself. Lately I've been playing with basic animation for export as .dae. The one thing I can't figure out is how to make the animation get to a certain point (the end) and just stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberfishMM View Post
    This is probably a super dumb question but I've just picked up LW again after many years. I've been going through tutorials and trying to reacquaint myself. Lately I've been playing with basic animation for export as .dae. The one thing I can't figure out is how to make the animation get to a certain point (the end) and just stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    More flesh on the bones is needed..
    What kind of animation?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    More flesh on the bones is needed..
    What kind of animation?

It's a simple keyframe animation. I am animating some text from the left and right. It's part of an intro sequence. It just loops in the dae. I need it to animate in and stop.

You mean like you have text moving from point A to point B on x axis over the course of let say 100 frames. And it loops? Of course it will loop. No idea what you're using, I suppose some game engine??

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I don't know what "in the dae" means, but it sounds like you have your POST BEHAVIOR set to "Repeat". It's in the Graph Editor.

(total off topic: whenever I have to reinstall I'm always amazed at what crap, rubbish, moronic, nonsensical selections were made for the hotkeys: Really, F2 for Motion Mixer? Absolutely stupid.)
    (SOME actual person made that decision. Go to hell, actual person.)
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Well..we still do not know what application you use to import the Dae file? you said you export it to Dae.
    It should be a matter of extending the length in the software you open the Dae file in, if your scenfile in that software is the same length, of course it will loop..if set to play from first frame to last in the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    You mean like you have text moving from point A to point B on x axis over the course of let say 100 frames. And it loops? Of course it will loop. No idea what you're using, I suppose some game engine??
    ARtoolkit

I'm using ARtoolkit. There doesn't appear to be a way to programmatically control the animation.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Sorry I dropped off yesterday. I've already added additional frames. ARtoolkit just plays all the frames then loops, effectively just making the animation sequence longer. I am trying to work the problem from the programmatic end and the LW end. I will do as someone else suggested and use the graph editor today. I will post my results this afternoon. Thank you all for your input!

Spunds like it's definitely AR fault.
    There should be an option as mentikned in that link - some sort of BOOL value /loop/play once