Thread: Freeze LW11.6.3

Freeze LW11.6.3

In layout what tabs do I navigate to find "Freeze" the placement of an object IN LAYOUT. I forgot it's been so long.
    THANK YOU Very very much!!!!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    TMK, there's no way to "freeze" , if you mean "make static", in 11.6.3. If you mean "Make Keyframe", it's ENTER. You can also turn on AUTO KEYFRAME, but the item will still move, as it generates keyframes if you diddle with it.

IIRC, there IS a way to do so in 2018, but I've already disremembered it, and it was pretty damn clunky too (instead of just imitating STATIC_CHANNEL).

And by clunky, I mean "very poorly implemented". Anyone remember what that 'feature' was called?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

uncheck the transform values down to the left, by default they are checked and highlighted as active with blue color, click on each one of the x,y,z axis and it will prevent your object from being accidently moved.
    you would have to do this for individual types of transforms if you also want to lock rotation, scaling.

You can also use scene editor/property/ channels lock state ..and then click mark each channels, a red lock icon will be shown, that will work the same as doing it in the lower left corner, but it may be faster to check all those.
    Note, do not try to use the lock icon in the main scene editor, it will only lock your selections within the scene editor, not the actual transforms in the scene.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lock states.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	143003  

And in case you do not mean placement, but freezing a displaced transformed object, just got to save/save trans