Thread: TC40 and Live Text

TC40 and Live Text

Hello-

I'm fairly new to tricasters, but my school has a barely used TC40 we're trying to bring into our studio. I updated it to v1 Rev5, and so far, so good. We bought Live Text because we have a production coming into the studio that has all of their graphics already done in LT. I have iVGA Pro working fine, but can seem to get LV to show up on either net input. I have computers connecting fine with iVGA Pro, but the same conputer won't connect with LT.

I've disabled windows firewall on the TC and computer running LT. I've seen some other threads, but none that explained anything more to try. I uninstalled and made sure I installed without the NDI drivers enabled. I'm wondering why iVGA would work, and LT doesn't?

I know it's an old system, but other than LV, works great. Thoughts?

Thanks - Dan

I"m assuming 'LV' is LiveText?

For the TC40, you have to install LiveText without NDI support. Perform the LiveText install again, and uncheck the use NDI option.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Thanks! Yes, I meant Live Text that one time. I did uninstall and reinstall without checking the install NDI box, but it would still not connect. Is there anything else I should uninstall? Reboot between uninstall / install?

Thanks again-

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 5valvethumper View Post
    Hi Kane,

Thanks! Yes, I meant Live Text that one time. I did uninstall and reinstall without checking the install NDI box, but it would still not connect. Is there anything else I should uninstall? Reboot between uninstall / install?

Thanks again-

Dan
    After that it probably is network settings. Are the two system able to ping each other? Do you have any firewalls that might be blocking traffic? (You might try disablig the firewalls to see if that gets things working).
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.