Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ann: Glycon VR Motion Capture

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I thought those controllers had more buttons/triggers/joysticks. ???

A talented puppeteer could really go to town with several controls, especially relative controls like joysticls (versus triggers).
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    I thought those controllers had more buttons/triggers/joysticks. ???

A talented puppeteer could really go to town with several controls, especially relative controls like joysticls (versus triggers).
    Yeah they have quite a few buttons, and just to make things fun, not all headsets use the same types of controllers.

So I'm going to have to introduce some kind of fancy setup at some point, or break the product into a specific version for Rift, Vive, and Windows Mixed Reality.

At this point, my plan is to let you have a suite of animations you can trigger via different buttons, and you configure which buttons do what. The reason for that is that someone who is animating a person drawing a bow and firing it, while standing or running, might have different needs than someone who is animating a person sitting in a cockpit flipping switches. So there's no point in forcing people to use only some buttons for certain things, if they might not need those things at all, and might need more of a different set of canned animations.

Not sure if that makes sense. Let me know if it wasn't clear.

- - - Updated - - -

What you see in that latest movie is me triggering one of four hand specific animations based on the direction I wiggle the joysticks on the Rift controllers. If you watch the video of me in the corner, you can kinda catch a glimpse of that.

-Chilton

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by ConjureBunny View Post
    Hi guys,

I went in and changed that coupon so it works for one more week. Through next Friday. I thought I'd have it out by now, as everything else was way ahead of schedule.

I have one stupid math bug left before I can launch the beta, so my 3am mental block is your gain

To answer the hand gesture question, yeah, in one of the newer videos I show using four hand gestures (point, wide open hand, pinch/draw/pick up, and 'this guy' thumb.

I have about 20 hand gestures I plan on putting in there so you can assign them different buttons. Basically, hit a button, and it plays the hand gesture of your choosing. And then that's all saved out based on a standard skeleton rig.

-Chilton
    Thanks, I didn't wait this time!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    I'm pimping your product on the Seattle AR/VR facebook group. Good luck!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Outstanding, thank you!

-Chilton

Very cool! I need to look into it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12