Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ann: Glycon VR Motion Capture

Ann: Glycon VR Motion Capture

Hello everybody!

This is Glycon. It's a motion capture system that uses your VR headset and hand controllers.

Just put on your headset and hand controllers, and you're able to instantly record an animation. When you're done, Glycon will export an HMOT or FBX file with your animation that you can then import into LightWave. Easy peasy!

I have crazy big plans for this. But, while I try to decide what features need to be in there, I suspect some of you could use this right now. So I thought I'd open this up to anyone who needs it now, at a greatly reduced price.

From today through next Saturday only, it's 75% off, if you use the coupon code: puppetmaster

http://www.liberty3d.com/glycon/

I'm very interested in feedback on this one. So if you have any questions or suggestions, speak up!

Thanks,
    -Chilton

That's very cool Chilton! Not something I can use - but it's impressive as hell.
    Somewhere between the Darkness and the Light

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    That's very cool Chilton! Not something I can use - but it's impressive as hell.
    Thank you!

I am really bad at character animation. It's the sole reason I didn't finish Griffon, The Dark Reef, and Ghostblade. In every case, everything else came together smoothly, and then I'd go to put some actual human movement in the game, and several months later find myself weeping in a corner. And not just any weeping. It was poorly rigged weeping, where my shoulders would bounce around a lot. This app changes everything for me. So I'm hoping it can help other people, too.

-Chilton

Chilton,

Does this only work in Windows?
    I am looking at getting a vive as my rift is not recognised in high sierra.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Hi Mark!

I'm using it on a Vive on my MacBook Pro 2018. I have the i7.

-Chilton

This looks interesting, and the intro beta price is tempting. Looks like a big effort, technically speaking - congrats! Could you give some details please? Like what kind of hardware would we need, specifically. I have the Playstation VR set - would that be compatible? Also, does (or will) Glycon handle capture while standing and walking? What about lipsync? Would we have to use a specific bone hierarchy?

Thank you!

The first beta will be Rift only, and then the second beta will be Rift, Vive, and Mixed Reality.

Export format will be BVH to begin with. FBX support will come after that, and possibly HMOT after that, depending on how today goes.

There's a strong chance the first beta will go out to the early adopters today. I have a few math problems to solve and then we're good.

-Chilton

I don't want to go round spending other peoples money for them, but this is looking increasingly like a no-brainer purchase. So much so that I just purchased it.

Imagine having to animate a person rowing a boat, or a pilot in a cockpit at the controls, or someone loading a bow and arrow. I have a hope that this thing will really mature. The beta is nearly ready and the 75% discount is still currently active.

http://www.liberty3d.com/2018/09/gly...otion-capture/

Top Dog
    I tried to purchase right now. I guess special is already over?

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Are trigger events to hand gestures?

Looks SUPER useful. Takes a TONNE of the pressure off. Well done!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by wesleycorgi View Post
    I tried to purchase right now. I guess special is already over?
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...d-AR-Portfolio

Check out the other thread, there was talk of extending the offer.
    It may be worth you leaving a comment on Liberty3D site if you really want it.....
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Quote Originally Posted by Markc View Post
    https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...d-AR-Portfolio

Check out the other thread, there was talk of extending the offer.
    It may be worth you leaving a comment on Liberty3D site if you really want it.....

Hi guys,

I went in and changed that coupon so it works for one more week. Through next Friday. I thought I'd have it out by now, as everything else was way ahead of schedule.

I have one stupid math bug left before I can launch the beta, so my 3am mental block is your gain

To answer the hand gesture question, yeah, in one of the newer videos I show using four hand gestures (point, wide open hand, pinch/draw/pick up, and 'this guy' thumb.

I have about 20 hand gestures I plan on putting in there so you can assign them different buttons. Basically, hit a button, and it plays the hand gesture of your choosing. And then that's all saved out based on a standard skeleton rig.

-Chilton

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Seems incredibly useful.

Just to be clear, those are buttons on the controllers, not 'virtual buttons', right? --Very puppeteering.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Seems incredibly useful.

Just to be clear, those are buttons on the controllers, not 'virtual buttons', right? --Very puppeteering.
    Looks to be two simple VR buttons ON/OFF, otherwise good to go is my understanding.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jix_22oKjRQ#t=1m35s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast