Thread: Best Audio Mixers to Use With Tricaster Mini?

Best Audio Mixers to Use With Tricaster Mini?

Hey guys,

Need a solid mixer, ideally compact in size, that can take in 2 mic sources and be compatible with the Tricaster Mini.

Let me know what you guys think, I'm looking at the Mackie 802VLZ4 8-Channel Ultra-Compact Mixer right now and would likely run a couple hand held wireless mics into them, probably the Sennheiser AVX- 835 handheld mics.

Thoughts on this set up ?

Will be live streaming a gaming event.

Mackie mixers rock. I've used piles of them for years and they are rock solid. My original Mackie line mixer (circa 1990) still works like new.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

Once more into the CPU!
    I would just add that the only reason we got rid of 4 Mackie Mixers this summer was due to how banged up they were due to student use and 20+ years of use. They can last and work like a charm. Personally we use a 1402ZLV4 for our studio Mini and another for our mobile Mini.
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-190425
    -BlackMagic Studio Cam
    -SDI cables
    -Spark SDI
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Quote Originally Posted by m4a2000 View Post
    I would just add that the only reason we got rid of 4 Mackie Mixers this summer was due to how banged up they were due to student use and 20+ years of use. They can last and work like a charm. Personally we use a 1402ZLV4 for our studio Mini and another for our mobile Mini.
    Thanks for the reply! funny thing is after I posted this, I was talking with our IT department and they actually have an old 1402 collecting dust in the storage closet, so I took that and hooked it up and it runs like a charm!