Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you want to be next for lightwave

What do you want to be next for lightwave

Saw this houdini preivew - over 100 plus features being brought to the new update.
    https://vimeo.com/291934239

Shows some things I would love for lightwave to go into.

Better hair, better bullet control with much better fractacl breaking patterns, better cloth dynamics just to name a few.

Something to allow decent oceans.

I'd alos like to see more from newtek, the last update while nice with a new renderer, was mostly just a new renderer, i'd like to see some real attention to the modeler, updated texturing handling, and some more features in instancing to start.

what do you guys want?

I want an overhaul of workflows and an updated gui and unification. There so many features that isn’t interactive and this just kills workflow. I have realized that this will never happen or take forever to fix so I have almost completly moved on.

Heading maybe shoulda been "Ooo, look at Houdini Next" rather than couched as a LW thread, but yeah darn impressive. I think LW2019 should have a "Make Lion Mane" button, then take it from there.

EDIT - Actually, make that stratospherically spondoolickly incandescently impressive.....
    Last edited by TheLexx; 09-28-2018 at 12:04 PM.

not sure i need to say, should be obvious these days.

i'll leave a clue > catch up with the competition.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

But then again, Houdini has "large Hollywood team" written all over it, whereas LW has one-man-studio or small team written over it - the Kat mantra of "Go in, get it done, then get out". And to recreate that lion scene alone would mean having to watch an entire David Attenborough series and every episode of Parsley the Lion.

If to be a realist:
    Volumetrics to VDB export.
    Better OGL performance.
    Better dynamics.

I don't want a start thinking about the new version of Lightwave until the current version is fixed, specifically the FiberFX bug that prevents loading a second object with FiberFX applied to it into a scene that already has such an object in it.
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

How about a LW2018.5 release in good time for Christmas
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Unified for two Gui, bright as modeler for procedural modeling, better FX smoke, OSL backend, sculpting tool, painting tool, automata slider to setting up for adding to ui with rigging and endomporh, VFX Tool inside ?(planar tracking, rotoscoping, etc...), more PBR model of BRDF, cloth system as marvelous designer, node animation as mograph, two SDK to be working in C and other in C++, editor for scripting in Python as interactive to change inside ui and 3d model, better animation, more control to flocking, adding to crowd tool, AI denoising and of course improve internal 3D rendering pathtracing more speed

It is time to make more interesting for Lightwave 2019 !

Kudos to Lightwave team.

Well, they talked about a new particle system, so that sounds good.
    Obviously we want to see a start on unification, even if it's just being able to select points/polygons/edges, move. translate and scale them, and an API for that. Let 3rd parties fill in the many details of specific modeling tools.
    I don't know really what a "modern" workflow looks like.

Me personally, I'd like the ability to paint instances into a scene.

For them to throw modeler out and start over.

A 2018.5 release that contains significantly more than just bug fixes or internalizations of external tools/libraries/plugins.

Solid, tangible evidence of significant modeling infrastructure development (including SDK accessibility).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

I've got a feeling that with the year 2019 fast approaching and with the recent acquisition of Metamorphic we are going to get a 2019 paid upgrade. I really think the free .5 upgrade with new features is a thing of the past for LW, I hope I'm wrong but that's what it feels like.

On the rendering side of things I would like to see

-Native rounded edges shader
    -Native Sun/sky lighting system
    -A newer lens flare/bloom post process similar to what Octane has.

On the modeling side there are many things but here are a few top ones for me.

-Ability to shift select ctrl select model layers like other modern software has.
    -More options for modeling layers such as being able to choose how background reference layers are shaded in Open GL like having a background layer bully textured etc.
    -Many other things that are to numerous to list but can easily be seen in other software.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I've got a feeling that with the year 2019 fast approaching and with the recent acquisition of Metamorphic we are going to get a 2019 paid upgrade. I really think the free .5 upgrade with new features is a thing of the past for LW, I hope I'm wrong but that's what it feels like.
    I think your right. I'm pretty sure we will only get bug fix updates for paid upgrades now.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast