Thread: TC1 Adv. Ed - Some virtual sets show more input rows as really used in their scenes ?

TC1 Adv. Ed - Some virtual sets show more input rows as really used in their scenes ?

Hi everybody !

I was wondering why some virtual sets within our TC1 (newest Firmware) show up more input rows as used or being visible ??

For example:

The popular virtual set "KEYNOTE" (large stage with some speakers in front) originally deals with THREE "TALENTS" (A-Left, B-Center, C-Right) combined
    with the stage monitor as 4 input source D. The included Advanced Virtual Set Editor on the TC1 confirms that when editing the virtual set.

BUT when using the virtual set (e.g. Keynote/center scene) just 2 INPUTS (row-A and row-D) are really used.

Input row B (~"center talent") and C (~"right talent") have no function and any selected source from here is NOT visible
    in the set. Just the *left* talent (input source) from input row-A ist used. Input row-D belongs to the stage monitor.

There are several other virtual sets with the same "effect" (e.g. "City Loft Center") …

*** Is there any explanation for that ???

Regards,
    Ilja Kaleck
    Wedel, Germany

Interesting. There definitely seems to be a quirk here. I checked way back, and somewhere between 2-6 and 5-1 this changed (it works as expected in 2-6). Off the top of my head the content was updated somewhere around 3-0, and again later when lens flares were added. Somewhere along the way, the issue you're seeing appeared.

As it doesn't really break anything, it won't be a high priority, but I'm opening a bug case on this. Thanks for pointing it out.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the answer.

Here is the list of virtual sets that do not "work" properly here (TC1 Adv., newest firmware/release):

*City Loft
    -Center: Input Row A,B,C (C = Not Used/Visible !)
    -Medium: Input Row A,B -> O.K. !

-Advanced Track: Input Row A,B,C (B = Not Used/Visible !)

(..or is there any detailed explanation using this "virtual set" ?)

*Keynote
    -Input Row A,B,C,D (B,C = Not Used/Visible !)

*Midday Report
    -Center/Left/Right: Input Row A,B (B = Not Used/Visible!)

*Space News (Holo):
    -Input Row A,B (B = Not Used/Visible!)

Regards,
    Ilja Kaleck
    University of Applied Sciences, Wedel
    Germany

Thanks. (The Advanced Tracker does take three sources, and is documented in the User Guide.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Description found in the manual (UG. p.132) - sorry !

However … when just reading in the manual its hard to understand if not familiar with this technique.

Wouldn't this not it be worth for another "2-Minute Tutorial" ?

No problem. The people responsible for our videos follow the forum, so I'm sure they'll see your suggestion and consider it, thanks.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

good idea, on the dock for a tutorial.

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    No problem. The people responsible for our videos follow the forum, so I'm sure they'll see your suggestion and consider it, thanks.
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX