Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TriCaster quirks after latest update.

TriCaster quirks after latest update.

I recently did the suggested update that TriCaster had for the Mini with AE. I stream with NFHS and they suggested I do the update. Since the update it has been acting very weird. I don't know how to explain how the mixer is performing other than the bars in the mixer move at a very slow and methodical way. They don't keep up with the beat of the sound if that makes sense. The sound in the preview and program bars move along with the sound and so does the sound bars in the record and stream buttons. It's just the whole mixer that is acting very strange.
    Another thing that happens is when I play a commercial and it cuts out input 1 on the mixer that has sound coming in from my other mixer, it still stays blue showing that it is not shutting off the outside sound but it actually is shutting of the sound. What could be wrong? I don't know if I explained it well enough for anyone to understand but it has been a long day and I"m tired. Maybe when I sleep on it I'll come up with a better explanation.
    Thanks.

Is the mixer interface simply lagging? I had that issue but have since installed the beta (or early access, whatever it is) and it fixed it.

Okay, I also forgot to mention that when I go to get out of a session it has been locking up on me and won't exit. Or if I do get out and exit, it lets me into the next screen and then freezes up and I can't even ctrl alt delete to get out. I have to push the button to shut down.
    Also, the control surface has acted up where the lights don't move with the keys that are active. It changes in the TC but it doesn't change on the CS. This has happened hit and miss.
    Any suggestions.
    And one more thing. After this last update, I see that windows even wants me to update and I can't shut off the update. I didn't think I was supposed to update windows on here. HELP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctc2010 View Post
    Is the mixer interface simply lagging? I had that issue but have since installed the beta (or early access, whatever it is) and it fixed it.
    That is a good word. It lags, but only in the mixer.
    So this happened to you?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so tired I couldn't even think of a good word like "lagging"

Now, a new thing pops up when I get into a session.

"Exception logged"

What is going on??????????????????????

Your symptoms are likely all related. I'd suggest contacting Customer Support. Many find their chat feature the best way to expedite matters.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Okay, so I went to tech support. They said to restore. I have now restored. An error pops up and says hardware can't be found. It finished installing and I went to device manager. There is yellow on NewTek HD Video Class. NewTek HD Video (1.02) is in the dropdown.
    Then in other devices the yellow mark lingers. 2 unknown devices.
    Lastly, it does not want to take my serial number and keeps saying it is invalid. I have tried all of them I have for this machine. Also, something about hardware is not functioning properly contact tech support.
    I started with a mini and purchased an AE bundle. Then the mini went bad and they replaced it. New SN but they said the AE bundle would be fine on it. It was and has worked fine for over a year. Now????? I am at a loss. I'll have to wait until Monday for tech support to come back. I won't get it fixed and ready to go by Monday night when I may need it.

Wow, this was crazy. After spending from 8am to 7pm I got the mini back on it's feet. Why don't they tell you you have to install this and that and the other thing. I had to install an updated video driver and some other thing that I happened to find on another post in here. Thank God for Google. I'm not a happy camper right now.

So I am having the same problems as discribed above. Audio is behind and gets worse the longer my 8000AE is running. Is there anywhere that all of the above is listed in order to re install?
    Can someone tell me about the beta that seemed to fix the problem? Help! Got a show Tuesday.

I did a restore. Then went and downloaded the update. Then installed. Error kept on popping up. I then went and googled and searched the errors. It said my serial number was not good too. I had to install some security of some sort that I had no idea what it was. I found it on the forum here from some August post. That helped for the error and also for the serial working.
    Then I had to update the Nvidia drivers and also had to install the intel driver. On almost every update that Newtek sends out, I have had some stupid crisis happen because of shoddy updates. Why should I have to go and install all of this crap and why don't they tell you about it. For such sophisticated software it is also pretty crappy IMO.
    It is running faster than ever now for some reason so I guess it was worth it. One reason, is because I had an SSD installed for the OS drive. None of those slow WD crappy drives they put in Minis.

The fact that the current update is still on the download site is mind boggling. They know it's borked, but have no flag or warning or updated release notes or release history with which a user could make an informed decision before updating.

Newtek has recently promoted someone in to a new position to directly manage the customer experience, so I'm pretty hopeful about that. But for the time being, you *must* scour the forums before updating.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    The fact that the current update is still on the download site is mind boggling. They know it's borked, but have no flag or warning or updated release notes or release history with which a user could make an informed decision before updating.
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    Newtek has recently promoted someone in to a new position to directly manage the customer experience, so I'm pretty hopeful about that. But for the time being, you *must* scour the forums before updating.
    And wait a month or two before updating when a new version comes out, unless you *really* need a new feature immediately -- and are willing to accept the risk that it may break your system.

I always wait then check the forums and see how it's working. I'm very glad I haven't updated our system. I don't have time for all that.

Quote Originally Posted by eshiggs View Post
    I couldn't agree more!
    I really can't account for this lapse, so - having nagged the appropriate people here - I will simply apologize. I do want to add a practical suggestion, however (below).

Quote Originally Posted by eshiggs View Post
    I'm very glad I haven't updated our system. I don't have time for all that.
    Reports are that the beta is solid, and resolves the known problems with this release, but setting that aside, I want to a) agree with those who find it wise to postpone updating for a time unless they are trying to resolve a specific issue, and b) underline the practice of creating a custom backup periodically. There are many good reasons to do this, the current situation being just one. I should never need the spare tire in my car, but ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Olá, sou novo no ramo de uso da tricaster 460 , por favor quero tirar uma dúvida, na hora de fazer live ou seja stream direto da tricaster.. a mesma faz stream simultânea.??

True, but it doesn't help someone like me who bought a unit off me a couple of weeks ago and I did a restore+upgrade for, does it? I pity that poor bloke now that he has known-bad software that was known to be bad at the time it was offered for download.

You're right, if course. What was I thinking, apologizing and offering practical advice. How rude of me.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast