Thread: Rednova's comic books thread

Rednova's comic books thread

Hi:

I decided to start a new thread on comic books.
    I have a big collection of comics, I started reading 2 years ago and I only got half way thru.
    Is possible it will take me 1 to 2 years to finish all.
    I love all houses the same, Dc, marvel and dark horse, I love all well.
    My number one favorite is the first volume of the original Doctor Strange created by
    Stan Lee. I love that one the best.
    Do you like comic books ? Which one is your favorite ?
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Spider-Man

the one and only
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Phantom

Batman, all the way!

Top Dog
    Marvel and DC Frank MIller: Daredevil, Wolverine, and Dark Night Batman. Claremont/Byrne X-Men. Neal Adams Green Lantern and Green Arrow. Sienkewicz New Mutants. Paul Smith X-Men and Doctor Strange. Simonson Thor.

I have always preferred the true classics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boys Own Paper 888 Jan 18 1896.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	142950
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

I've got a fair amount of Manga sitting around. Currently, Arppegio of Blue Steel (The CGI ships in the anime are awesome), and Mobile Suit Gundam : Thunderbolt are what I'm reading.

Used to be a Marvel reader, until I got tired of the Summer marketing push in the 90's. Still not a terribly huge fan of Marvel. Prefer DC's animated universe to the cinematic one. Always been a fan of Anime, Manga, and video games.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Just for the record, I have nine other issues of 'Boy's Own Paper' in my collection. They are great examples of late Victorian boy's comics and are in pretty good condition considering that were printed in 1896

While I know this thread is going to focus on mainly Marvel and DC comics, my own interest lies in the comics I read when I was growing up back in the 1960s. Sadly, I only have one issue of one of the best comics around during that period: TV21. It featured comic strips based on the Gerry Anderson puppet series along with a back page strip of the Daleks from Doctor Who. The stories and artwork for the Thunderbirds, Stingray, Fireball XL5 and later on Captain Scarlet were quite amazing. Much better than the original TV series. I really wish I could have held on to some of those issues. The best I can manage is to track down some of the hardback annual that were released, to add to the couple of orignals I still have.

Don't get me wrong, I did read and collect Marvel and DC later in life and still have around 1400 comics from those stored away safely too but the UK titles I read when I was very young will always hold the strongest memories for me
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

I just finished reading the 'files of the shadow'. It was originally printed many years ago (15 or much, much more, I cannot remember)
    and this was a reprinted edition with 5 stories. I enjoyed reading it immensely. I love the shadow !!!
    -Mobilis In Mobile-

Started with Harvey Comics when I was bout five, Richie Rich, Casper the Ghost, Hot Stuff, Lotta...
    Couple of years later moved to DC for Superman and Batman.
    Around 13 moved into Marvel, for the more complex/flawed heroes.
    At 20 pretty much stopped the regular prints and switched to graphic novels. The DC graphic novels in particular were nice in that they brought a more fleshed out character aspect. The writing and art work tend to be on another level as well.

Blog Entries
    I used to be a Marvel fan through and through (no D.C. for me!). I cut my teeth on Spider-man back in the 70s and was an instant uber fan, then I got introduced to the X-Men in the late 80s and wondered where "Where have you been all my life?".

Then Marvel's 90s "exploit the readers and milk them for all their worth" campaign kicked in and I said enough of this. It's not worth the money and logged off from comics for about twenty years.

In the 2010s I decided to revisit the world of comics to see what the market was like and discovered the whole universe had gone full on SJW and I thought to myself, there is not a hope in hell that I would give Marvel, DC or any publisher who promotes that "Emperor's New Clothes" mentality any of my money. So now, I have more of an interest in the indies and webcomics that now seem to be on the rise and find that some of them are very, very good.

Personal fav: Girls by The Luna Brothers - published by Image Comics.