Thread: Fusion 9 compositing app - free

Fusion 9 compositing app - free

The standard version of this compositing app is currently free:
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion/

I recall using version 3 with LightWave 5.6 back in the day. And I see that LightWave is mentioned in the manual for version 9.
    Favorite Waves: LW3.5, 5.6c, 7.5, 8.5, 9.6, 2015.

The free version is great but limited by resolution .. I think only 2k .. also one of the matte nodes is not included ..
    and not network rendering .. and the full version is quite cheap .. I really like fusion . Bought a license 3 Years ago and still have all updates included ..
    martin dulovits
    technical director

www.woogieworks.com

Just bought my copy of Fusion studio. Bit strange having to wait for a dongle to turn up but quite satisfying receiving a software box again.

There seems to be a drive to bolt Fusion onto Resolve, but I'm not sure how far integrated they are. Is that bad news for Fusion standalone ?

From what I have read they have been careful with their words, they have said that fusion standalone will continue to be available. But they didnt say they will continue to develop it.
    Might be reading to much into it. They have said there will be a fusion 10. So will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Kiwi View Post
    From what I have read they have been careful with their words, they have said that fusion standalone will continue to be available. But they didnt say they will continue to develop it.
    Might be reading to much into it. They have said there will be a fusion 10. So will just have to wait and see.
    There was a user vote conducted which asked to keep Fusion 9 as a separate program of which BMG have listened to!
    So there there will be going forward a slimmer version of Fusion wrappered into Resolve & a Fusion 10 will appear
    at some time. Being a studio registered user i am happy about that, the major wish that a internal denoiser is amped
    up hopefully in 10, because Flame ( I know it's a diff market) has just got a realtime renderer. See liberty 3d for some
    excellent tutorials you can get to buy showing toggling between LW & Fusion in projects most are well worth the small
    amount of money. Steakunderwater web forum is a great resource (for Fusion ) like this one here.