Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Cmivfx

Question about Cmivfx

Hi everybody,

Does anyone here use cmivfx.com? it is about one week that their sites does not show thumbnail of videos and after clicking the title it gives alert.

Is it down or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I actually asked them by mail and have not recieved any answer yet.

Hmm, I can confirm that I'm also getting an alert when I try to access any of my purchased tutorials there. I'd be interested in hearing any fix they might have. I'm a bit surprised they still even exist, as I believe their main owner/organizer passed away rather suddenly a while back, and it wasn't at all clear they'd continue on from there (though I see evidence they have).

Hopefully they're still up and running, was never a fan of their "must view using our player streaming off our site" approach, but they had some really good content for C4D not available elsewhere so I'd definitely hate to lose access to those tutorials.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

As avove. Yeah, never fan of their f'ed up UI.
    Chris passing away was sad but his brother toook over.

One of the reason I hate 'online access' stuff, one day is here, the next day...

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    As avove. Yeah, never fan of their f'ed up UI.
    Chris passing away was sad but his brother toook over.

One of the reason I hate 'online access' stuff, one day is here, the next day...
    Agree 100%. They have/had some excellent tutorial content for C4D and Houdini though, made the risk worthwhile (at least IMO). I'm just glad that someone took over after Chris' passing.
    John W.

Thanks for the answers.

I am still waiting to get any answer from them.

Have i lost all of the tutorials that i purchased? If yes then it is a disaster and some kind of stealing. I paid for them.

How do you think i should investigate the issue?

+1 hoping that purchased content is not lost. I bought a lot of their tutorials.
    Last edited by bbuxton; 09-04-2018 at 02:37 AM. Reason: cannot see what I am typing on buggy forum. Text is doubled and offset 50% on both X & Y

I previously saw their site, but never bought anything. Can anyone describe a "must-have" title or at least one they found well made and interesting. I'm sorry to hear site went down, hope it comes good.

Their tutorials on C4D's Thinking Particles system are first-rate.
    John W.

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Their tutorials on C4D's Thinking Particles system are first-rate.
    Thanks jwiede. Btw, I don't want to raise hopes, but the site might be back up, because some of the site images which "went down" viewed on my PC appear to have come back again.

EDIT - And now they've gone again. Bizarre, but maybe there is a pair of hands working on it behind the scenes.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 09-05-2018 at 04:59 PM.

"I previously saw their site, but never bought anything. Can anyone describe a "must-have" title or at least one they found well made and interesting. I'm sorry to hear site went down, hope it comes good."

Some good tutorials for Clarisse iFX, a nice rendering tutorial by RebelHill, some ok Modo tutorials lots of Houdini and BM Fusion tutorials.
    oh and an excellent tutorial for Headus UV Layout. There is a lot!
    Last edited by bbuxton; 09-05-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Their Fusion stuff is quite good too.

Cmivfx is back and the courses are viewable again (but not sure for how long !).
    I bought the UV Layout course after this thread started and have now managed to download for the first time.

https://cmivfx.com/
    Last edited by TheLexx; 09-27-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Thank you.
    I'm downloading all of my tutorials now. Just in case.

Reco
    Last edited by Reco; 09-28-2018 at 04:46 AM.

Does anyone have a contact email so I can ask to download the tutorials I purchased?

Somewhere, over the rainbow....

Quote Originally Posted by GregMalick View Post
    Does anyone have a contact email so I can ask to download the tutorials I purchased?
    I once emailed a couple of times because I was in the same position, got nothing back so I don't think you would get any response from any email. My understanding is the owner is no longer with us, and the website is a bit like a ghostship, sometimes working and sometimes not. In my case I switched off some protection elements to do with an out of date certificate and I was able to download. The website is currently down (from my Firefox anyway), but don't be suprised if it bobs back up at some point..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast