Thread: Newtek Codecs for Mac

Newtek Codecs for Mac

Anyone know where I might be able to find the codecs for Mac? The Newtek downloads page keeps coming up blank everytime I try clicking on the download button (it first asks for my credentials, then tells me I'm authorized to download, but the link doesn't seem to work after that.

**I'm actually now editing this post. It turns out I do have the codecs. I thought they were missing because the recorded shots from my mini are not readable by my Mac (all green), so I figure I must need the codecs, but I just located them, so that's not the issue.

So here's the real problem...I just updated to Advanced Edition on my mini and today is the first thing I've shot since the update. How do I now go about making those .mov files recorded on the mini readable on my mac?

If I have to convert for these files, then that's fine, but there must be something I can adjust with the recording format to make them play together nicely in the future? Thanks!
    Last edited by jeremybrandt; 08-30-2018 at 11:06 AM.
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - AE 3
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750 - Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ

Thomas TV2
    You cant use it with your Mac, if you are running AE2 V5. In my experience, it only works on Premiere Pro. If you use Final Cut X, it will only be possible in Progressive.
    You can use your export function on your Tricaster to export in Prores. That will work on the Mac.
    There should be a NOTE in the readme file when updating, but I cant see it. there is a lot of post in this forum.
    Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

The SpeedHQ codec is included with NDI Tools on both Windows and Macintosh.
    https://www.newtek.com/ndi/tools/

This link shows what recording formats work in major NLE applications. Most recording formats from TriCaster are in XDCAM style compression not SpeedHQ.
    https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/new...rding-formats/
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Sorry...definitely should have searched the forum before posting. I switched from 1080i to 1080p and that's a change I can live and still works with FCPX.
    Jeremy Brandt
    TV/Video Teacher
    Voorhees High School, NJ
    http://www.VoorheesTV.com

TriCaster Mini - AE 3
    TriCaster Mini Control Surface
    Primary Cameras - JVC GY-HM750 - Birddog Eyes P200 PTZ

Quote Originally Posted by jeremybrandt View Post
    Sorry...definitely should have searched the forum before posting. I switched from 1080i to 1080p and that's a change I can live and still works with FCPX.
    Yes but switching from 1080i to 1080p is not an option to edit on Mac with FCP or DaVinci nor having to convert the file using the Export function.
    When you have a 1080i workflow, you don't want to switch to 1080p. And Exporting your recorded files from the TC is time and storage wasting. Then you have to also clean the non usable files.
    Where is the time where the TC was able to provide, without conversion, not only XDCam wrapped in mov, readable with FCP but also ProRes files.
    What is the big deal to implement that on AE versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Miseopoint View Post
    Where is the time where the TC was able to provide, without conversion, not only XDCam wrapped in mov, readable with FCP but also ProRes files.
    We never captured ProRes, if that's what you're saying (sorry).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")