Thread: Tricaster 460 problems since update

Tricaster 460 problems since update

Just did the latest update on our Tricaster 460, and having some big problems now.

1. Not seeing any video on my SDI inputs. Tried switching inputs, cables, cameras. I know the feed is going through cable since I hooked camera directly up to SDI monitor. Tried switching from Auto SDI to 108i directly, still nothing.

2. Not getting any sound through headphones. At first, had DVI cable hooked to monitor and discovered I was getting sound through the monitor. Tried switching to HDMI, still nothing. Disabled the sound for the Monitor in Windows, still nothing.

The update did have me update the computer video drivers. GT GeoForce 740. Other than that, haven't done anything different.

Thoughts?

Try the video drivers again after carefully looking at the hardware in the Device Manager. I have not had any luck having the Nvidia website auto-detect my hardware on the Tricaster.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Thanks Lee. I had problems with the auto-detect too, but wasn't sure which version of Windows to tell NVidia I had, so I guessed at Windows 7 64 bit. My Computer says Windows Embedded 64 bit, but that wasn't an option.

FYI, I also did try to reinstall the Tricaster update just now. Got most of the way through it then got an error message that said the hardware was not detected.
    Last edited by jopci; 08-14-2018 at 12:06 PM.

I let the re-install of the Tricaster update finish. Still not working. Exited to Windows and looked in Device Manager and the NewTek HD Video Class (1.02) has a flag on it. Error under Properites says "Windows can not verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or tha tmight be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)."

Also tried rolling back the GEForce drivers. Same result.

Try a factory restore on the Tricaster, followed by the update, followed by the GeForce drivers. I had to do that on a 460 recently that was not detecting the Newtek hardware at all - not even with an exclamation point. I'm assuming something went weird in an update process between the NT drivers and the NV drivers, so I just started over and it worked. Took a while, though! You might also be able to get the Newtek drivers straight from support and get it done a little faster.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Thomas TV2
    I had the exact same problem with my 8000. Support told me to install this update and it worked :-)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sec...s/2015/3033929

But I am not to happy with the V5 update. It freezes, so I rolled back to V4

Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

The MS update fixed it! More specifically the link below. Had to have support tell me it was Windows 7, since didn't know what Embedded Windows was. Running it through the paces now, but at least it sees the hardware! Thanks for all your help!!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=46148

Quote Originally Posted by abcwille View Post
    Just to add a contrasting note, I've been running ver. 5 (plus) on a Mini in daily use for well over a year now. I have run into a couple of builds that had issues, but generally these were obscure - either minor audio issues or to do with the execution of very particular automation requirements. This is not to trivialize apparent issues in the last build that some have encountered; being honest, I hadn't gotten around to installing it yet, and now i'm glad I didn't. This said, nothing would move me back to an earlier version.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I have been dragging my feet on moving my 860 AE vers1 to the latest version.... scared to death.
    From what I read, I may have to upgrade video drivers?
    IT would be good to know what version of AE is now free of audio issues etc.
    I have loved the AE version1. Did everything I needed stably but now may need to stream on facebook and from what I have read
    I may have problems with using version 1 of AE.

My 860 is a 855 and software upgraded to 860 if that matters.
    Sounds like I should start this process when I have lots of time to call tech support.
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 855 Owner

Quote Originally Posted by abcwille View Post
    I had the exact same problem with my 8000. Support told me to install this update and it worked :-)
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sec...s/2015/3033929

Thomas
    So what would I install from this link?

I found it. I installed it. I got it to work. YEAH.

Quote Originally Posted by jopci View Post
    The MS update fixed it! More specifically the link below. Had to have support tell me it was Windows 7, since didn't know what Embedded Windows was. Running it through the paces now, but at least it sees the hardware! Thanks for all your help!!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=46148
    Thank you for this information. I just updated to the latest v.5 and was dumbfounded that I had no audio out. I decided to give this MS update that you provided and poof! Audio and now back. I really appreciate it.