Thread: DSKs and DDRs going black

DSKs and DDRs going black

TC 460 AE2, sort of a pressing issue with a soccer match to stream tomorrow... I've got score graphics loaded in DSK1 & DSK2 and videos in DDR1 and after 5-10 minutes of my TC being idle the DSKs are going blank and the DDR players won't play videos. If i click through my different graphics/videos it does nothing, but if i copy/paste a graphic or video OR import new content then everything will work again for 5-10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

I should specify, DSK3 and DSK4 are working perfectly fine.

I'd try a new session, sounds like something might be corrupted in that one you are trying to use.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I'd try a new session, sounds like something might be corrupted in that one you are trying to use.
    Just tried that and no luck

Can you take a video of what is happening and post a link to it? Perhaps there is something else going on that we might see.

Otherwise, I'd contact support. What version on you on?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Brain fart on my end, when I said DSKs I guess I meant GFX 1 & 2 since that's whats in DSK 1 & 2. The problem appears to be random, as it's been fine for about 30 minutes now. I'll see if I can get a video tomorrow.

GFX 1: Scorebug
    GFX 2: Lower Third
    DDR1: Videos

When the problem occurs, it happens about a minute after selecting the graphics. I've checked the play settings, etc, so I know it's not playlisting graphics or anything. It's just not displaying the content anymore, even when I can see the item highlighted in the bin. I can only get the content to display if I add new content or copy/paste the existing content in the bin, and then everything in the bin is fine until about a minute later when it happens again.

Seems to me that the GFX and DDR players are crashing... if that's a thing.

I was having the exact same problem. And it happened as soon i started using DataLink Keys in a txt file to dynamically update Lower Thirds. Essentially the TriCaster (our Model is 8000 with the March update installed) went black while 2 DDRs were playing in a live show on national broadcast tv. Now I've read somewhere here in the forum that latest update fixes this bug. But what happened is that this update rendered the news session I was using utterly useless. I pressed GFX1 on the right bottom section to select it. The software would change to GFX1 but the button didnt light up. I had to cancel the show at that day and luckily i made a backup before. But we couldnt go live that day and had to cancel the live news show that should take place every Mo-Fr.

What would have been a solution is to create the session from scratch but it takes more than 10 minutes to do that. Oh and it doesnt remember Autoplay as well which is not a big deal but its annoying. Same as the Transition Lenght goes back to 1 Second everytime.

I can confirm I have seen this problem as well with a coworker's MINI SDI. He brings in some data linked graphics that feed the video board at a baseball stadium and the graphics go black then show back up and always do it. He has put a ticket in for it. All live shots work fine however. Here is a bit more info.

4 Live Cameras
    1 Replay angle coming in from a 3 Play
    1 DDR Channel used for commercial playback
    1 GFX Channel for display of player stats on the board

This is for baseball so every time the player gets in the box the shot changes to a GFX input that contains data linked stats and a headshot for the season. Anytime we cut to that shot it eventually goes black after a few seconds then it comes back and back to black.
    Last edited by Radio_TVPat1982; 08-15-2018 at 06:53 AM.

There was a case that could be related to this, but that fix should already be in the most recent 5-1 release (but not 6-0 ... TC1 and VMC1). Assuming those of you seeing it have the most recent AE2 release build, if possible it would be good to open a Fogbugz case to the effect that the Media Player seems to crash on displaying specific titles with DL keys. It would be really helpful if you could include log files from a session where this happens..
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    There was a case that could be related to this, but that fix should already be in the most recent 5-1 release (but not 6-0 ... TC1 and VMC1). Assuming those of you seeing it have the most recent AE2 release build, if possible it would be good to open a Fogbugz case to the effect that the Media Player seems to crash on displaying specific titles with DL keys. It would be really helpful if you could include log files from a session where this happens..
    But it's also crashing my DDR players, which aren't using Datalink keys. I went all day yesterday with no problems but now it's doing it again.

Side question: My animated buffers don't always update like they should. I run my scorebug in Buffer 1 and sometimes the Datalink keys will be frozen at whatever values they were at when i added them to the buffer (example: if the clock was at 10:05 when I added it and it's counting down, it would not change from 10:05)

DDR crashing could be a corrupted media clip. Did you use the import tool to bring in the media files?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

DDR crashing could be a corrupted media clip. Did you use the import tool to bring in the media files?
    I agree. These are probably separate issues.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I did, and it's crashing at the same time as GFX 1 and 2