Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave Eight Demo Videos (10)

= : >--[: ]===
    Yeah, new features. Nice !!!

Do the new Layer tools respect layer names ?
    Your FIRST impression NEVER gets a SECOND chance !!!!

The bridge tool looks excellent! It looks like it's gonna be a great time saver. I can't wait for 8!

those modeling updates were already availble for free were they not?edges and bridge
    and the help docs are cool but if you could open them into a window you could run half ur screen with a browser(and not just the help docs but a real IE explorer)so you could follow a tutorial or browse the web right in the interface....wouldnt that be cool?
    plus a proxy lowrez cage would be great for working on while you could watch the sub-patch model update at the same time

are there more updates for modeler?
    i know DI power tools(which used to be free) are in there but is there anything else thats new?

Originally posted by wgreenlee1
    are there more updates for modeler?
    i know DI power tools(which used to be free) are in there but is there anything else thats new?
    I believe the layer tool was also a free plugin. (layerUtilities v1.0)
    Your real question is, is there anything developed by NT that's new to Modeler?

But then, maybe there's so much developed by the users that now it's essentially impossible for NT to develop something that someone else hasn't already done.
    Last edited by Cman; 12-30-2003 at 10:13 AM.

Originally posted by wgreenlee1
    plus a proxy lowrez cage would be great for working on while you could watch the sub-patch model update at the same time
    I've thought about this before and I really think it would be a great idea! I'm totaly for this!
    Samuel Kvaalen
    [www.kvaalen.com]

But then, maybe there's so much developed by the users that now it's essentially impossible for NT to develop something that someone else hasn't already done.
    i know and i have most of these already burn on disk....
    i might be missing something here tho....

maybe they're saving the good stuff for the actual release....one can hope i guess

oh and i hope they fixed the symetry because i would and still get lost in mirroring
    actually a "instancing" would be really great on any axis or even objects that could be included in the instance

and i see from the video navigating the work area is still going to be best from the icon bar above each panel

maybe theres a load of surprises for the modeler side of things yet to come

does anyone one know if they are going to a node based surfaceing editor?
    there was a free one out here not too long ago,that'd be cool

Wgreenlee1- Are you atking advantage of our Feature Request Area of the forums? And don't forget you can always email the dev team:

[email protected]

That insures that your requests don't get lost in this area of our forums.

Samartin- Attached is an image of using the add edge tool with SubD...as mentioned it's not optimal adding edges to Subpatches...I add edges in polyganal mode then clean them up and then subD
    Attached Images Attached Images

I personally doubt any nodal-based surface editor is going to make it into 8. It would have been announced already.
    I must say a node surface editor would be something very interesting, not because itīs better than the current layer system (it isnīt in many occasions) but it could be extremely useful in some situations. Specially large scenes where nodes systems usually prove to keep things under control and do save time.

Now, I think itīs mandatory to KEEP the layer system even in case a node system is used. Anyone for an hybrid surface editor with both nodes and layers? voila! best surfacing package on the market.
    I think a layer system still proves to be useful and intuitive in many situations and could work hand in hand with nodes.
    3d animation? Hah! Did you take a look through your window?thereīs plenty of it...and pre-rendered!!

No node based surface editor is planned for LightWave Eight....but I think I saw one on flay that looked cool.

Originally posted by Netvudu

Anyone for an hybrid surface editor with both nodes and layers? voila! best surfacing package on the market.
    yeah....lol,i was just thinking that

well with nodes that you can just right click on and insert to differant channels(color,bump,luminance,etc) it saves time

with layers (or the way lightwaves layers are now)you have to copy and paste even the most simple of operations by going to each channel and opening up the panel then closeing the panel then go to another channel and open it up and and paste and then on and on....with nodes you right click and select the output of which texturte or material and then point it to the main material node and choose the channel you wish to drop it in to
    so if you wish for the same texture to be used in all the main channels you dont have to reload it into each channel just middle mouse drag into the surface editor into its respective channel you wish to affect

lights are the same
    say you wish to connect only the diffuse to a certian light
    open up ur graph network for the material,drag ur light node into the work area,right click the light and choose output,drop it onto a diffuse channel with input options

Hey Proton,

Thanks for todays new batch of 8 videos. Things are looking great so far!

I am impressed with your presentation skills Proton. Great job on the vids. I am really unimpressed and underwhelmed with the modeler features. It seems not only did Newtek incorporate free, already available tools (powertools, edge bevel, layer utilities, edge tools, bridge), but they did not feel the need to improve on them (are they improved at all?).

Please show us something NEW! Features EVERYBODY will use and have been screaming for for years. If you don't mind I'll make some suggestions.

In Modeler:
    Texture wireframe?
    Full shaded reference layers?

In Layout:

Has the skinning workflow been improved?
    How about some "smartskin"? At siggraph we were shown animatable points in Layout... great! Does this mean we can finally easily finesse character deformations? And I don't mean frame by frame finessing!

We appreciate all the time and effort Proton. You have gone way beyond the call of duty. Enjoy your holiday! I hope you are happily unplugged for the remainder of your vacation and don't even read this message till at least the fifth.

when can we know the features list?

nice videoz

about this node based material creator...
    we're working on crafter, its open-source and currently outputs only for YafRay & 3dVirtuaLight. maybe....just maybe in a far away future we'll work it for lw, but as i said its open-source so maybe some genius could integrate it ahwell...just to inform you guys.

http://www.funnyfarm.tv/thelab/index.htm

Cheers,

mlon

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast