Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Component based Scaling in Modeler??

Component based Scaling in Modeler??

I wanted to scale Polygons based on their center but I can't do it.. Any Idea??
    Last edited by Nadir Mengal; 07-26-2018 at 06:25 AM.

What's the objective, scale them up or down. Perhaps Multishift is what you want, or Smooth Scale, but I'm not sure what you actually want to do. Or are you talking about selecting separate mesh parts and having them all scale from their centers.

For that, you would need a local action center which Modeler does not have. Something like this in Modo.

I seem to remember there being a LW plugin that would allow you to do something similar but from what I recall it has to sit on a particular axis line (can't be tilted or off axis in any way). I tried looking on the LW database of plugins but could not recall where I saw it at. Maybe someone else knows.
    Last edited by hrgiger; 07-26-2018 at 07:16 AM.

I used MultiShift to inset four Polygons and Shifted them inwards then I dropped the tool. Later I realized I needed to inset them a little more so if i use inset again there will be new Polygons and I don't want them. Instead I want those plugins to be scaled on those individual centers.

hrgiger ! Yes exactly what I want. I've used it in Modo but found no options in LW

It sounds like an ancient lscript plugin ym_MultiScale.ls (aka multiscale.ls) is what one needs. Anyone have it to share?
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    It sounds like an ancient lscript plugin ym_MultiScale.ls (aka multiscale.ls) is what one needs. Anyone have it to share?
    Shockingly, I found I have it myself and didn't realise (I got a huge LW cache on Ebay from Germany a while ago and still don't fully understand everything which came ). But how do I get it to him easily, since I don't have google drives or such, and I don't think private message does attachements.

I got that Ancient Script but I think it's not useful anymore. Instead of Scaling my Polygons .it just copies my mesh to another layer!.

I also sent a feature request of this to Newtek . Hopefully they add it to modeler

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    This looks a new version. Will try it. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Mengal View Post
    I also sent a feature request of this to Newtek . Hopefully they add it to modeler

heh, maybe they will add it to my feature request for local action centers back in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Mengal View Post
    I got that Ancient Script but I think it's not useful anymore. Instead of Scaling my Polygons .it just copies my mesh to another layer!.
    Oops. I see the same thing. Tested in LW 7 (closer to the origin of the script) and 2018.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

I can't stress enough to you guys, that really, learn how to script. Should there be a tool like that native - of course.... will you find other things that you'd like to do at some point that ARENT native, of course... will scripting help you in those cases.. most likely.. start simple and grow...

5 mins..

https://www.facebook.com/oliver.hotz...7465422369835/

Use Polygon Islands plugins- http://mentalfish.com/2009/07/stranded/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast