Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Version: 5-1-180706 Update Warning

Red face AE Version / New Test, Good results

I contacted Newtek today and created a ticket for the issues. They supplied me with 3 download links to revert back to the previous version of AE v5.
    The asked if I had tried to create a new show, and if I was experiencing the same issues. I had created a new test show, but I used a template I had from the previous version.

Today I created a new show from scratch and it worked flawlessly for 4 hours. It was a bit of a pain to reenter camera settings etc... but the system ran really solid.
    I went back and opened an old show and glitches came back.

So, will test a bunch tomorrow, but I'm feeling pretty confident that if I start a new show and template using the latest version, the system will run well on a go forward.
    Will report back over the next few days. Would love to hear if this works for others as well
    Best....
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

I tried making a new session as well. It ran fine the first time, but then glitched during some subsequent uses. It runs fine as long as we don't use any media players.
    Travis Falk
    Operations Technician
    --
    TriCaster 860 AE V2
    3Play 3P1
    LiveText 3
    Daktronics All-Sport CG
    Hitachi Z-HD6000 Cameras

I did the same last week. Made a new session from scratch, at first it seems everything runs well. But after a while same freezing and crashes again, mostly when using media players yes.

Thanks Jeff,
    This Thread reminded me that it was time to make a new backup.
    Always, Always, Always make a backup on an external drive before you install an update.
    This way, if there are any problems you can get back to a working system in no time.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Quote Originally Posted by Stream View Post
    Thanks Jeff,
    This Thread reminded me that it was time to make a new backup.
    Always, Always, Always make a backup on an external drive before you install an update.
    This way, if there are any problems you can get back to a working system in no time.

What's your backup process? Are you cloning your system and media drives, using a system restore point, backing up sessions, or what?
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    Joris and Travis, have either of you by chance tried the early access 5-1 build that I linked yesterday in this thread? Our test systems here have been running that build (playing DDRs on loop along with doing various other things) non-stop for a few days now and have not had any freezing, crashing or output glitches.
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Quote Originally Posted by VideoEng QA View Post
    Joris and Travis, have either of you by chance tried the early access 5-1 build that I linked yesterday in this thread? Our test systems here have been running that build (playing DDRs on loop along with doing various other things) non-stop for a few days now and have not had any freezing, crashing or output glitches.
    I just updated to the new build you linked, running good so far
    Travis Falk
    Operations Technician
    --
    TriCaster 860 AE V2
    3Play 3P1
    LiveText 3
    Daktronics All-Sport CG
    Hitachi Z-HD6000 Cameras

Hey
    After a clean "new Show" yesterday, the system did glitch again and froze.

So on to step 2:

I also update to the 5-1 Beta VideoEng posted yesterday. Ran it for an hour or so and filled up the ddr players. Worked well so far! Will report back in a day or 2
    Thanks!
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

I had exactly the same problem. The surface went crazy and didnt react to any key pressed. Buttons stayed illuminated etc etc, Assets gone. Luckily I made a backup just before.

Quote Originally Posted by Joris NL View Post
    I experienced same problems after updating to 5-1-180706, but did not realize that that was the problem. Control Surface going crazy or did not respond (starting when using the sound player, play or stop) every session. And total freezes and crashes at random moments. Had to cancel big productions. For 2 weeks Newtek support did not tell me there where known issues with the lastest update, although I told them the problems began after updating.

Did complete restore 5 times, driver updates and they advised me to sent the CS to them for a check, but it did not feel as a hardware problem to me. Last time I had contact with support (I had to have them unlock the serial of AE every time) I asked if there were maybe problems with AE software update. The reply was: 'There has been issue with 180706 build and we have recommend for customer to install 180323 update'. I was pretty upset they did not tell me that before as you can imagine

They could not speculate on my question why they did not have warning placed with the update, since there could occur very serious problems (like a useless TC you cannot use for any production) but they could not 'speculate on that'......? And now I see this posts it is clear the problems are known already for about a month.

I would advise everyone not to do latest update to be sure, cause last 2 weeks were hell for me If you already did, install the version before (180323), that solved it for me it seems. You have to ask Newtek for the download link for that, cannot be found anywhere on the site.

When I tried to solve the problems I looked in every post on this forum, could not find this one unfortunately because I did not know where to look So for people with same problems hereby some keywords so they hopefully will find this posts: Tricaster 8000 - crash - freeze - control surface - player button - mediaplayer - sound - stop button - mixer going wild - TC8000

I still hope that Newtek can react on this topic and explain us why they do not warn people for this update while they know there could be serious issues? It is not just a simple bug, but it messes up the basics and makes the TC unworkable which in our case resulted in cancelling productions and clients and serious financial damage.
    Maybe start to have Support ask people first by problems with freezing and crashing which update they have installed and advise to uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    What's your backup process? Are you cloning your system and media drives, using a system restore point, backing up sessions, or what?
    I use an external drive and when I boot up choose the restore/backup option.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

After upgrading to this version on two machines I have seen the Autoplay and Repeat options not saved on restart, All my bins were wiped out after the upgrade, the HDMI signal output will not provide a valid sync. My Teradek VidiU Pro and Livestream Broadcaster boxes can't lock onto the signal now from the Tricaster. No issues for 4 years now they don't work with the tricaster after this update. I would like to ask publicly why none of these issues are in the readme or with the update on the site. In fact why is the update even still on the site? I have wasted over 7 hours now trying to get my systems back running for events over this weekend.

Anybody experience a "black" screen when sometimes trying to enter a session or leave a session? Just updated to the latest version (after not being able to get back to the main menu after exiting a session).

After this update we are unable to play sounds. If we do then we can't stop the sound from playing. The entire CS freezes. Unable to manipulate any keys.

Anytime you're running the latest version and run into a repeatable error (and it doesn't stop happening in a new session) please feel free to open a bug case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Once more into the CPU!
    Just got my second TC Mini SDI. When do you think the experimental update will go live(not be experimental)?
    TC Mini SDI 5-1-190425
    -BlackMagic Studio Cam
    -SDI cables
    -Spark SDI
    -LiveText w/SB2
    -YouTube Stream
    _
    SKTV 205
    https://www.youtube.com/user/SKHSVideoProduction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast