Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Version: 5-1-180706 Update Warning

Version: 5-1-180706 Update Warning

We just updated to version Version: 5-1-180706 to attempt to fix the DDR / Datalink error.

This update has wiped items out of our DDR / GFX (and possibly Audio though I must say I have not looked,) bins and these items will have to be re-loaded.

Not the end of the world as with some other updates but keep this in mind should you choose to do so.

Dan Young
    Access Nashua

I had the same thing happen yesterday after I installed the 180706 update. The sound items were missing as well.
    The thumbnails show up in the presets, but the assets are missing from the bins.

I filed a case with support yesterday for this issue.

Any other issues noticed with the new update? I'll be testing it on my 460 through the weekend.
    Rob Safran
    Share Wisdom Network
    [email protected]

TriCaster: 460 AE
    TalkShow: VS4000
    Gnural Net CM & LTA
    VSE and LiveText
    Cameras: 2-Sony PMW-X70, Sony PXW-Z150

This doesn't help anyone after bin contents are already lost, but makes a good case for the following. Once you have DDR, GFX, and SND bins populated with assets how you like them, EXPORT them. Could save a lot time and headaches down the road, whether another user messes with your stuff, or there is a software issue like this, or you need to start a New Session to replace a corrupted one for instance. So quick to just IMPORT and be done. And don't export presets to C: since they would be lost with any RESTORE, rather use D: or other location.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

There's another issue coming with this update.
    Settings like DDR Autoplay/Single/Loop states are not saved. When you reopen the session you have to adjust those setting anew.

NewTek has acknowledged this is a bug.
    They say it will be fixed in an upcoming Build, there is unfortunately no quick fix for this.

Ah I'm glad it's not just me. I ended up rolling back as the DDR Autoplay/Single/Loop states not being remembered was creating havoc as we run about 6 different sessions a day, which all have slightly different settings for the DDR state, also rolling back restored all of my old playlists which had vanished after the latest update.

I'll hold out for next release before upgrading again.

It took almost 4 months to this update to be released. I think it's unacceptable this kind of bug in so basic features...
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

waymo2001
    Here at Glendale TV we're running both TC-460 and TC-860 AE systems and have experienced the same thing of losing content in existing bins of existing sessions. Also, we have seen random system wide freezes and crashes that appear to have no repeatable characteristics. This is un-nerving as we're getting close to a big production weekend.

Also, I thought this may have been a faulty install for the update so I've cleaned some old content off of the C: and D: drives and re-installed the update again. This did not make the glitches go away.

Definitely a problem with the update.

Wayne Brenengen, Chief Engineer
    Glendale TV
    Last edited by waymo2001; 08-17-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Thomas TV2
    After updating to 5-1-180706 from V4 on my TC 8000, I had the exact same random freezes as Waymo2001. And I tried everything to find out why, with no luck. I therefore rolled back to Version 4.
    V4 has always been rock solid for me. But I like the new features on V5.

Thomas
    TV2 Denmark

I'm having similar freezes and crashes. Really unacceptable for any professional gigs at this point. WTF
    Any one else experience these performance issues? I have several big gigs coming up and need to figure this out..
    Will open up a ticket tomorrow.
    Thanks for any info or assist with this...
    Greg
    Pirate Moon Productions
    Tricaster 460 AE2 w/460 Control Surface
    Sony PXW-x70 (2) / Sony a6000 (2)
    PTZOptics 12x-sdi/ndi (2) / PTZOptics 20x-Sdi
    Adobe CC
    Audio ~ Midas M32

Thomas TV2
    Do let us know when your hear from them.
    Thomas
    Tricaster 8000 AE2

I experienced same problems after updating to 5-1-180706, but did not realize that that was the problem. Control Surface going crazy or did not respond (starting when using the sound player, play or stop) every session. And total freezes and crashes at random moments. Had to cancel big productions. For 2 weeks Newtek support did not tell me there where known issues with the lastest update, although I told them the problems began after updating.

Did complete restore 5 times, driver updates and they advised me to sent the CS to them for a check, but it did not feel as a hardware problem to me. Last time I had contact with support (I had to have them unlock the serial of AE every time) I asked if there were maybe problems with AE software update. The reply was: 'There has been issue with 180706 build and we have recommend for customer to install 180323 update'. I was pretty upset they did not tell me that before as you can imagine

They could not speculate on my question why they did not have warning placed with the update, since there could occur very serious problems (like a useless TC you cannot use for any production) but they could not 'speculate on that'......? And now I see this posts it is clear the problems are known already for about a month.

I would advise everyone not to do latest update to be sure, cause last 2 weeks were hell for me If you already did, install the version before (180323), that solved it for me it seems. You have to ask Newtek for the download link for that, cannot be found anywhere on the site.

When I tried to solve the problems I looked in every post on this forum, could not find this one unfortunately because I did not know where to look So for people with same problems hereby some keywords so they hopefully will find this posts: Tricaster 8000 - crash - freeze - control surface - player button - mediaplayer - sound - stop button - mixer going wild - TC8000

I still hope that Newtek can react on this topic and explain us why they do not warn people for this update while they know there could be serious issues? It is not just a simple bug, but it messes up the basics and makes the TC unworkable which in our case resulted in cancelling productions and clients and serious financial damage.
    Maybe start to have Support ask people first by problems with freezing and crashing which update they have installed and advise to uninstall.
    Last edited by Joris NL; 08-23-2018 at 07:14 AM.

I almost always get more info from the forum than I do from tech support... We've been experiencing the same issue with the CS freezing upon use of media players. It's very disappointing that customers started having issues with this update prior to many of us running the update, but Newtek did not inform anyone or add it to the read me. I'll try rolling back to the previous version...
    Travis Falk
    Operations Technician
    --
    TriCaster 860 AE V2
    3Play 3P1
    LiveText 3
    Daktronics All-Sport CG
    Hitachi Z-HD6000 Cameras

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    I'm hear to report many, many, weird quirks with 5-1-180706 on our 410. First of all, the build would not install (error message of "no hardware installed") without a specific Windows security update patch, and Nvidia driver, both of which NewTek provided. After the update, macros would work and then stop working all together at random times for no apparent reason. The switcher would also get stuck in "Auto" as if you were in the middle of a transition. At first it appeared as if the system was locked up, but if you looked at the auto button in the UI, it is illuminated in the right to left fashion that normally indicates a transition was in progress. It took all of about 2 minutes to discover these errors. I cannot find 5-1-180323 on the NewTek site. I'm currently going back to 4-0-170313. We'll see what happens.
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

Great reasons above to create a USER BACKUP on external drive, from a stable system, then you will have the option to go back if you need to. Also, I choose the "Download Only" option when getting updates from Newtek, and save them outside the C: drive so I have recent previous software versions on hand if needed.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

NewTek Engineering QA VideoEng QA's Avatar
    We have a new build of TriCaster Advanced Edition 5-1 in testing that we believe corrects all known issues (both discussed in this thread as well as the direct reports we have received). So far this build is looking really good, it has gone through our initial pre-release tests. If anyone is interested in trying out the build before it is released and giving us feedback on the improvements/changes, below are links to download the build. You will need to download all three files to a single folder on your TriCaster and then run the .exe to start the update. If at any time you would like to revert to the previous build, you can simply run the update files for the previous build you were running again and it will allow you to go back.

TriCaster Advanced Edition 5-1-180820:
    http://new.tk/TC51180822B-01
    http://new.tk/TC51180822B-02
    http://new.tk/TC51180822B-03

We encourage users to try this build and let us know what you think, we want to make sure this build covers and corrects all the issues before release and unfortunately not all of the problems have been easy to reproduce in house. You can submit cases (for potential bugs, inquiries or feature requests) on our case tracking site "http://fogbugz.newtek.com/". If you haven't already, you will need to create a user account before you can submit any cases. I can assure you that all cases input into the fogbugz site gets checked by a member of the Engineering dept. Please include as much details as possible when writing up a case or feature request along with what system you are on and build version you are running. We really appreciate your assistance with this.

Feel free to email me (here) if you have any questions or concerns with the build linked in this post.
    NewTek Engineering QA
    For bug reports, feature requests, or technical inquiries: https://fogbugz.newtek.com/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast