Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SKype NDI

SKype NDI

Hi! anyone test the new skype 8.25.0.5 that has NDI support?

I've been testing It in a win 7 64 bits and also in a win 10, but it only send audio to my Tricaster input and a lightblue screen with skype logo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xd2.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	786.7 KB 
ID:	142283

Name:	1531847628930.JPEG 
Views:	49 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	142284

also in my windows 10 I dont have the Advanced Called option for activate NDI

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	199.1 KB 
ID:	142285

On my windows 7 the option work fine but as I mentioned Tricaster don't reconized the video feed

Name:	skype good.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	142287
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skype.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	142282  
    Last edited by alonso; 07-17-2018 at 11:50 AM.

Tricaster is the best thing that i've used since I played with my atari
    Gear Used:
    Tricaster: All 3Play:440
    Cam: JVC GY-HM600, GY-HM150U
    Facebook
    Twitter

Hang on, did you just change your post? It was showing the advanced call settings panel a moment ago.

I just checked and I've got that same version but I'm not seeing advanced call settings.

How did you access that panel?

Thanks,

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications
    Last edited by fgolman; 07-17-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    Hang on, did you just change your post? It was showing the advanced call settings panel a moment ago.

I just checked and I've got that same version but I'm not seeing advanced call settings.

How did you access that panel?

Thanks,

Fritz Golman
    Hi Friend. Yes I edited and uploaded my own pictures =)

I only was able to access that panel using win 7
    on win 10 i was not able to do that

the picture that you see before is on the newtek's facebook post

Name:	skype.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	142286 this one hehe
    Last edited by alonso; 07-17-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Gear Used:
    Facebook
    Twitter

On Windows 10 you have to install the desktop version of Skype, not the Windows Store version (which it wants to push you to getting).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    On Windows 10 you have to install the desktop version of Skype, not the Windows Store version (which it wants to push you to getting).
    Master KAne thanks! I solved the issue with win 10 yeah. Also the video from skype is available on tricaster and work pretty well.
    I not sure whast's the problem in win 7 but thanks again

Gear Used:
    Facebook
    Twitter

I've also found out that your Skype account needs be part of the Skype Insider program to see this option.

---

Short video on how to get the new version of Skype with NDIŽ support up and running.

UPDATE: This feature only appears on accounts that have joined the Skype Insider program. https://www.skype.com/en/insider/

https://youtu.be/5Zhh8iwL7c4
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Wow, downloaded it and that's fantastic! Much better in almost every regards over using Skype with Scan Convertor (not that Scan Convertor is a problem, but the issue in Skype is you've got to trim a bit with the area of interest to crop out the return video monitor, etc, etc).

The one and only issue I see with Skype NDI is that until your call is connected, you get no NDI feed at all from Skype. So, you can't see if you're even set up to your Skype workstation. SO, maybe using Scan Convertor AND Skype NDI? Wow, that's a lot of connectivity going on!

But, when you can get it, it is well worth fooling around. It's very, very clean. You will still need the Virtual Camera, though, to be able to grab a source off the TriCaster to feed back into Skype (EG, your program video with mix minus audio).

Fritz Golman

As nice as it is to see this happen, I would still vastly prefer to use Skype TX, which provides a lot more benefits afaics, other than the fact that you are limited to two callers on a TC unless you have a TalkShow. Just my two cents.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No doubt TalkShow superior but until the budget allows us to afford that, we're stuck with the cheapo method 😉

Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    No doubt TalkShow superior but until the budget allows us to afford that, we're stuck with the cheapo method ��

Fritz
    I'm not talking about Talkshow, Fritz. You get virtually all the same benefits TalkShow provides for two Skype calls without one. Imho, this is far superior to what Skype Creator edition supplies, such as eliminating the need to use Virtual Input to set up a return feed, automatically providing a mix minus audio return, and TalkBack.

(Slight caveat - this requires AE, or a TC1, or a VMC1).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Gotcha. But other than TC1 or other hardware solutions, how can you get Skype TX?

Fritz

Arrrgh, I have to eat some crow, Fritz, sorry - I was just reminded that this isn't in 5-1, only 6-0 (TC1 and VMC1). I'm sorry, I spend most of my time in advanced software and systems, and I've had this for so long I really could have sworn it was in 5-1. (The reason it isn't, btw, is because SkypeTX requires an OS newer than Win 7.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Arrrgh, I have to eat some crow
    http://www.crowbusters.com/recipes.html

https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ca...-blackbird-pie

Sorry Steve, found lots more recipes than that, but none were "Texas-style BBQ crow"
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

So, it seemed to work fine on one machine as the Skype workstation but on another I'm getting that same thing, the blue screen with Skype logo in the upper right corner. Seems as if it's definitely trying to send but not actually grabbing the video.

EDIT: I see the issue. Evidently, the NDI module doesn't know how to handle vertical video from a phone. If it's "portrait mode" you'll get the blue screen (not BSOD, just a blue field of video with the Skype logo). If it's "landscape mode", EG normal video 16:9, then the camera comes through just fine. I just turned phone while online and it picked it up just fine.

Fritz
    Last edited by fgolman; 07-21-2018 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks for the update, I've heard other people running into a similar issue. This is something nice about Skype TX, it will tell you which way the remote person is holding the phone (and it works either way).
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast