Thread: Flush Old Datalink Data

Flush Old Datalink Data

Is there a way to flush the old database data so that only new databases in the session Datalink Watch folder will be recognized? I always seem to have old information in there and it doesn't see the new database.

There is a flush keys option in the Administration panel.

However, are the keys always coming back after a reboot? If so, let me know, I had a system do this and I had to manually delete the Redis database the is storing the DataLink values to clear it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have had trouble with the data link info updating as well even from a spreadsheet on a tricaster version from March of this year. It never used to do this on me. Not sure if it has been fixed with a later version, because I have not updated yet.

What is the exact version of TC software you are running? I'm not aware of any versions that should have problems with the Spreadsheet application.

What browser where you using? IE can have problems unless you set a specific option in the cache settings. I recommend using other browsers (Chrome, FireFox, Edge, Safari) which will work without issue.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I have been experimenting with different types of data sources. It works well with text files and key pairs, but it's not as easy to enter as in a spreadsheet. I've also had some success with csv files saved out of Excel or Microsoft Works, but sometimes the old data persists and I see several variables listed when I try to select the proper data in the CG file.

You should take a look at my Spreadsheet web app, it might make the CSV data transfer of information easier into TriCaster.
    http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/spreadsheeet
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I'll take a look at it. Thanks.

I have no "flush data" in my interface anywhere. has it moved? relic now?