Thread: Spiderman Test

Spiderman Test

Testing LW 2018 with an anim I made from scratch copying the test Sony made to show they could do HyperRealistic 3D for Spiderman Homecoming. Zbrush for the model, then all LW. Roto for the anim. Modifier stack is great!

https://www.facebook.com/leandro.ped...7611178134447/

Here is a link to Vimeo:
    https://vimeo.com/278596448

No Motion Blur and Render could be better, but I chose speed! Post in AE.
    My only reference was the original video from Sony. I Know it is not identical, but the idea was to try to get the same "real" feeling.
    Hope you like it!

I love your test !
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

Quote Originally Posted by pixym View Post
    I love your test !
    Thank you!

You got close enough, given that you had less to work with than they would've had.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    You got close enough, given that you had less to work with than they would've had.
    yes, they had Tom Holland Mocap (I dont really know if they used it here), footage reference and probably...a team.

Quote Originally Posted by leandropedrouzo View Post
    No Motion Blur and Render could be better, but I chose speed! Post in AE.
    My only reference was the original video from Sony. I Know it is not identical, but the idea was to try to get the same "real" feeling.
    Hope you like it!

You kidding? Tha'ts very impressive.

Ironically in a way, there's another thread started a few days back about Disney developing really high tech robotic stuntmen. I'm not really sure what they feel the advantage is. Yes, you've real world physics going on but your photographing it & I can't imagine not being able to do all that equally as convincing these days digitally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    You kidding? Tha'ts very impressive.

Ironically in a way, there's another thread started a few days back about Disney developing really high tech robotic stuntmen. I'm not really sure what they feel the advantage is. Yes, you've real world physics going on but your photographing it & I can't imagine not being able to do all that equally as convincing these days digitally.
    Thank you! When I saw the original video there was a little detail that convinced me to try to replicate it: I believed they used bone rotations to drive displacements to simulate dynamic wrinkles. That is a trick I used a few times in the past, When I saw they did it so cleverly It gave me a boost.
    Mi main concern was the look. I have to say that my render was halfway, and the rest was done in comp.
    Originally I was going to make a different animation. When I was setting my camera to shoot for reference/rotoscoping I thought "what if I used the original animation as a reference? could I get the same feeling with handkeying? "

Awesome!  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    Awesome!  
    Thanks erikals!