Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2018.0.5 is Available Now for Download

LightWave 2018.0.5 is Available Now for Download

Mac users: Please download again if you got the update prior to 4:30 PM USCT 3-July-2018. A crash when using numeric entries has been fixed.

LightWave 2018.0.5 (Build 3068) Final Release Change Log - July 02, 2018

2018.0.5 will install into its own directory. 2018.0.5 uses the same license as your 2018.0, 2018.0.1, 2018.0.2, 2018.0.3, and 2018.0.4 license - just drag-and-drop the license into the interface of 2018.0.5 when first launching 2018.0.5.

Bumped product version to 2018.0.5.
    Set the build number to 3068

Fixed the picking issues in Modeler not working at all with grid scales larger than 5km or so.

LB-4697 Crash using scene editor plug-in to toggle camera stereo Anaglyph filter on.

LWB-3641 SyncMesh gizmo picking was weird because picking and drawing were using different scales.
    LWB-3657 morphing (morph target) has weird behavior
    LWB-3715 ClothFX crash
    LWB-3796 LW2018.0.3 crashes on my Mac 10.13.4 when performing certain tasks
    LWB-3883 IKBooster menu no draw on Dope track.
    LWB-3907 OpenGL Update RefreshNow/RedrawNow not working with instances
    LWB-3914 Tree control move func not working (crash)
    LWB-3974 Rendering results in "out of application memory"
    LWB-3987 layout crashes when an instancer is deleted
    LWB-3998 "Not enough memory" error cutting mesh with two-point polygons
    LWB-4007 Memory leak in animation render
    LWB-4033 Shadow Buffer shows errors with Limited region On and the bucket size
    LWB-4065 Object crashes Layout when sending to Modeler
    LWB-4081 Crash when tweaking light samples on Scene editor
    LWB-4083 Deleting a camera could cause a crash because camera evaluators of other cameras in the scene became confused about which cameras they belonged to.
    LWB-4095 The MULTILIST controls require a different kind of value lists than other trees. Added the set_addr_int() function to address this.
    LWB-4101 Layout crashes when you try to access a surface's node editor
    LWB-4102 Opening the graph editor for an Advanced Camera could crash if no prior evaluation of the camera was done.
    LWB-4103 Modeler crashes when loading object with metalink node
    Last edited by Chuck; 07-03-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thank you very much, I very much hope that the ClothFX back is fully restored to work in lw2018.

P.S. Cloth FX still broken in Lightwave - in new build '3068' too. Cloth don't react with boned deforming bodies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_1.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	142068
    Last edited by OFF; 07-02-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Thank you very much, I very much hope that the ClothFX back is fully restored to work in lw2018.

P.S. Cloth FX still broken in Lightwave - in new build '3068' too. Cloth don't react with boned deforming bodies.

Shot in the dark: could that be addressed w/evaluation order?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Anything about:
    Interpolated GI optimization
    Firefly avoidance
    Render Speed
    Caustics making everthing brighter
    GUI for HiDPI displays
    ?
    Last edited by madno; 07-02-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Shot in the dark: could that be addressed w/evaluation order?
    I created a bug-report on this problem with the scene file and video demonstration and sent it all to Newtek's team. They already answered. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have talked about this problem, but for some reason it has not been solved yet.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Bueno. Thanks for submitting bug reports.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Thanks for new service pack guys.
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post

P.S. ClothFX still broken in LightWave - in new build '3068' too. Cloth don't react with boned deforming bodies.

OFF
    created a bug-report on this problem with the scene file and video demonstration and sent it all to Newtek's team. They already answered. Unfortunately, this is not the first time I have talked about this problem, but for some reason it has not been solved yet.
    ClothFX still has its place, crossing fingers for a fix...
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

On Mac Any numeric input in Layout = instant crash, only tried it with Camera and Lights ATM, can scrub values just fine but anything else is out of bounds, I'm using a tablet BTW

Also Numerics does not pop up in Modeler and any attempt to open it manually results in instant crash, either I am missing something or Mac users aught to be wary of upgrading too soon
    Last edited by gerry_g; 07-03-2018 at 04:07 AM.

Thanks Chuck!
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Quote Originally Posted by gerry_g View Post
    On Mac Any numeric input in Layout = instant crash, only tried it with Camera and Lights ATM, can scrub values just fine but anything else is out of bounds, I'm using a tablet BTW

Also Numerics does not pop up in Modeler and any attempt to open it manually results in instant crash, either I am missing something or Mac users aught to be wary of upgrading too soon
    Same here (on mac). In Layout, I went to Utilities > Edit Plugins > then put the cursor in the top bar to type a search item - instant crash. Ugh. I guess I'll stick with 2018.04 til this one is fixed. Using a mouse.

I submitted a bug report.

In my case on mac any numeric input in layout won't crash only not changed the value, i must to change it with the little arrows next to the number. I tried it with camera and lights, properties.

The Mac crasher is being looked at as a priority
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

I can partially confirm this as well (encountered this last night, gave up until this morning). Here, putting in numeric values doesn't crash, but LW never accepts the value either (no matter if I press TAB, ENTER, RETURN, whatever). I'm seeing this in both Layout and Modeler, all entry fields in panels I can find.

2018.0.5 Mac is a no-go in its current state, stick with 2018.0.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Axis3d View Post
    Same here (on mac). In Layout, I went to Utilities > Edit Plugins > then put the cursor in the top bar to type a search item - instant crash. Ugh. I guess I'll stick with 2018.04 til this one is fixed. Using a mouse.
    Interesting, tried exact same steps here, no crash, just sits there without filtering the displayed plugins either (even after ENTER/RETURN, etc).

Ugh indeed. Would very much like to understand the LW2018.0.x Mac testing process, or lack thereof.
    Last edited by jwiede; 07-03-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

The delay between switching apps is still there too. 10seconds or so. Not good.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast