Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending an Object through, and interacting with, a Hypervoxel Cloud.

Sending an Object through, and interacting with, a Hypervoxel Cloud.

Is it possible to send an Object through a Hypervoxel type Cloud and interact with it - kind of like a slow moving bullet or train? I have Lightwave 3D versions 11.6 and 2018.

If so, kind of point me in the right direction, if you don't mind.

Thanks.

Even knowing would help.

I've been designing cards and had a thought.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jun4thLWSaucerPoolHouse.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	458.1 KB 
ID:	141960
    J Michael Carrigan
    I just had an attack. Malware.
    But now I have a DESKTOP from Xidax. Not the best but pretty dang good.

I think you need TFD to do something like this. You can move your object through particles with hyoervoxels but it won't behave like a fluid simulation.
    My opinions and comments do not represent those of my employer.
    www.ernestpchan.com
    www.zazzle.com/gopuggo

Well, you can have the hv particles interact with the moving vehicle, and if they're small enough volume each, you can get some passable cloud/smoke-type interactions using just pfx-level dynamics (given adequately small hv scales, careful 3D texturing, and tweaking of forces/dynamics), but it'll all depend on just how detailed and accurate you need things to appear. If you're looking for the cloud/smoke to follow contours and swirl around the object's contours realistically, that's moving into the realm where you'd want to use something more like TFD (or perhaps even RealFlow, depending on just how "aerodynamically accurate" you need the cloud/smoke to perform.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Search for intro to star trek voyager series
    where the ship is traveling through nebula gases..made with particles and hypervoxels, it can be made but better fluid motion can be made with fluids.

If you have turbulenceFD, that may be the way to go, or invest in it..if money is a factor, use blender fluids at no cost..and do the simulation there, import to openVDB since you have 2018.

Thank you everyone. It at least looks doable. I'll research. REsearch? I'll search! I've already looked at Terragen 4. Thanks again.
    J Michael Carrigan

Just how accurate do you feel you need to model the flow of clouds/smoke around the object(s)? Can you describe the scenario a bit better?

Are you mostly attempting to generate realistic cloudscapes for fly-throughs, or is the focus mostly about how clouds/smoke flow specifically around the object?

Having a bit more info will definitely help us provide better suggestions.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.5 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

There's a group volume discount purchase program going on now for TFD: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....ound-3!-IGNITE!). The more people who sign up (hint, hint), the cheaper it gets!!

I've faked fluid-like cloud/vapor effects with hypervoxels using cloth dynamics like Bullet Deforming. The cloth can be affected with wind forces or objects, and 'ripple' or deform like it's a fluid.

When you apply hypervoxels to the object, the hv effect will render at the vertices, just like particles. If you Deactivate the object in Scene Editor to make the mesh invisible, the hypervoxels will still render.

The advantage to doing it this way is that regular particles tend to scatter when disturbed but a cloth element can have more cohesion and gradually flow back into its normal shape. Depending on your goal, this can look more fluid like.

But, yeah, these days I would probably use TFD for that. It will look more realistic.

Neonvisual did a nice job trying to recreate the Star Trek voyager intro, but with more modern technology such as using TurbulenceFD.
    You can see a compare shot from the recreated one with ship flying through fluids(left) and ship flying trough a particle field and hypervoxels...many years ago (right)
    While I like the fluid motion in the recreated scene, I tend to like the actual coloring and dissolve in the old original scene a bit better.

Edit..what the...what has happened to editing post advanced and adding videos as embedded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPvPIZATrYs

More Information for JWiede

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Just how accurate do you feel you need to model the flow of clouds/smoke around the object(s)? Can you describe the scenario a bit better?

Are you mostly attempting to generate realistic cloudscapes for fly-throughs, or is the focus mostly about how clouds/smoke flow specifically around the object?

Having a bit more info will definitely help us provide better suggestions.
    Like the Picture I provided in my initial Question. I do single images (for now) used for cards or prints. I would like to poke my saucer Object through some clouds in a few ways. So far, the only thing I've done is composite some misty like clouds over my "saucer" shape. I would really like to be able to see some clouds swirl around the saucer's arrival.
    J Michael Carrigan

Gee wiz

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    There's a group volume discount purchase program going on now for TFD: http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....ound-3!-IGNITE!). The more people who sign up (hint, hint), the cheaper it gets!!
    Umm. What is the range in price. Is it very expensive? What do you thing one is looking at. (I know. Rule C15 of the English Handbook.)
    J Michael Carrigan

By the way...

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Neonvisual did a nice job trying to recreate the Star Trek voyager intro, but with more modern technology such as using TurbulenceFD.
    You can see a compare shot from the recreated one with ship flying through fluids(left) and ship flying trough a particle field and hypervoxels...many years ago (right)
    While I like the fluid motion in the recreated scene, I tend to like the actual coloring and dissolve in the old original scene a bit better.

Edit..what the...what has happened to editing post advanced and adding videos as embedded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPvPIZATrYs
    Thanks! I don't understand the Edit...what the...etc.
    J Michael Carrigan

videos as embedded?
    seems to work ... testvideo unrelated to subject >

in regards to subject...
    I think you need TFD to do something like this.
    yes, seems to be the best way
    Last edited by erikals; 06-13-2018 at 03:28 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by JMCarrigan View Post
    Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I don't understand the Edit...what the...etc.
    That was just me being frustrated that I suddenly couldnīt post in advanced mode and embed the video directly in the thread as I use to do, it Had nothing to do with you or your post.

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

seems to work ... testvideo unrelated to subject >

in regards to subject...

yes, seems to be the best way
    I AM thinking about it, but it's too if'y for me at the moment. Too strapped. Can't get a response on the post by -paulk- referring to another post by -djlithium- not that I should as I probably can't afford it now anyway and the deadline tomorrow (6/14/18) is too soon. And THANKS!
    J Michael Carrigan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast