Thread: 2018 Hub

2018 Hub

I've always run the Hub since v6 and have never had any issues and could never understand what all the hub hub was about with the Hub. Well with 2018 I now know! I've had to disable it for the first time ever as the long delay when switching between Layout and Modeler is killing me. What's different from 2015? More data pass through?
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Are you on 2018.0.4 Tim? That was one of the bugs squished...

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    Are you on 2018.0.4 Tim? That was one of the bugs squished...

B
    Yep - when I installed it last week it did indeed seem to work as expected. But when I got into the office on Monday the delay was back. Even with cleared out layout and modeler just going back and forth between the two there was a slight delay. Add a few objects to both layout and modeler and there is around a 10 second delay. I went the -0 route and am going to give that a go and see how that works - so far not too bad. One of the issues I had in earlier versions was making surfacing changes in layout to an object and then going back to modeler that work had disappeared from the model. So I don't really trust the hub in 2018 yet.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Veh interesting! See if you can send a bug report, etc. You know the drill

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I decided to go back to using the Hub today as I didn't care for saving and reloading routine without it - and lo and behold it seems to be working fine.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Possibly related, I end up having a modeler crash every 10th or so time back and forth from Layout to Modeler. I'm using 2018.0.3. I didn't even know .4 came out.

On another note, I'm loving that you guys are updating things so rapidly. However it makes it hard to keep things up to speed, with all the configs having to be updated and such. I use some custom keyboard shortcuts, custom plugins etc..etc... Everytime I update I have to go back through all that, and don't want to save my configs...as what if there is something new I don't get in the menu or such?

Is there a best practice for this anyone can fill me in on, so it's easier to stay up to date?

EDIt: Maybe some kind of MERGE menu/config should be developed.

Strange... I’ve been modelling a character in one monitor and simultaneously viewing live updated VPR renders of it on another screen via the Hub with no problems in LW 2018.03. A pleasure to do this as it really helps the process as models in OpenGL can look radically different once lit. Could it be a Windows firewall issue?
    Anyway glad to see another update...
    Art and photography Flickr site
    Animation, facial rigging, modelling ArtStation
    Assorted animations Robert Ireland

Yeah that or McAfee. I'm powerless to try anything without getting IT involved and all that mumbo jumbo that goes with that. But for now seems to be working fine - cross my fingers.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.