Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FiberFX is now FUN!

FiberFX is now FUN!

I have a moment to play and I tell ya: Fiberfx has become FUN!

Painting weight maps, syncing modeler and seeing it in vpr is sweet.
    This is all wip fun.

2018 is quite quite different from all previous incarnations: it all just works and works well. I can actally do a lot of work with FiberFx without it becoming hinky. It can cause lw to crash right out; I will work on reporting it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blink.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	141579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blink2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	141578

Name:	SolemnGuard-CleanCut.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	141577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SolemnGuard-Combed.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	141576

Name:	SolemnGuard-Hippie.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	141575
    Last edited by UnCommonGrafx; 05-06-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    I have a moment to play and I tell ya: Fiberfx has become FUN!

Painting weight maps, syncing modeler and seeing it in vpr is sweet.
    This is all wip fun.

2018 is quite quite different from all previous incarnations: it all just works and works well. I can actally do a lot of work with FiberFx without it becoming hinky. It can cause lw to crash right out; I will work on reporting it.

Name:	Blink.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	141579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blink2.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	141578

Name:	SolemnGuard-CleanCut.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	141577Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SolemnGuard-Combed.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	141576

Name:	SolemnGuard-Hippie.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	141575
    How do you mean quite different? for me it is quite the same in many areas, it still crashes now and then..but in general much more stable, for styling itīs pretty much the same, and no new tool for creating the guides etc..itīs a new type of rendering primitive as well as surfacing with any kind of material, slower to render in VPR, though more realistic.

Painting weightmaps...always been there in modeler, and unless you purchase weight paint plugins for layout, nothing new with that, syncing modeler and seing it in VPR is nothing new either.
    I am glad it works for you..and obviously better it seems

Are you using it?

Or just bemoaning?

What do you feel you've added to my post?
    Ask me how to help and I will. Post a thread*, and I will visit and help. Add to this thread, please, not detract. That it isn't working for you (with little explanation-see *) isn't a concern here.

As a thought, all the things I've wanted to do I'm able to do quicker, cleaner and at all with 2018 not getting in my way. Kryslin's tools have proven to be invaluable to FiberFX workflow.
    I think you might not be looking at perfomance of the app. Or some such that it isn't fitting your bill. Bummer for you.
    Robert

Are you using it?

Or just bemoaning?

What do you feel you've added to my post?
    Ask me how to help and I will. Post a thread*, and I will visit and help. Add to this thread, please, not detract. That it isn't working for you (with little explanation-see *) isn't a concern here.

As a thought, all the things I've wanted to do I'm able to do quicker, cleaner and at all with 2018 not getting in my way. Kryslin's tools have proven to be invaluable to FiberFX workflow.
    I think you might not be looking at perfomance of the app. Or some such that it isn't fitting your bill. Bummer for you.
    Robert

I am not arguing against you having fun with it... and you could just as well just state that fiberfx Is fun, but when it is placed as Has become, I start to think..why? and with the following statement it doesn add up to why it has become fun.
    I am just responding on this"Painting weight maps, syncing modeler and seeing it in vpr is sweet.
    This is all wip fun."
    clear facts, nothing of that is new..you can read in to whatever you like on that, I just perceived it as what has that to do with fiberfx now being fun ..since nothing of that is new and valid for making it more fun.
    Whatever else you have written may just be valid as you say.

I do not have a feeling either way to what I have added to your post, I just questioned these specific statements as they seem to be in conflict with something that makes it more fun to use.
    I do not need you to help me out with fiberfx.

the rest of your emotions on my response ...I reserve myself from even commenting on, it serves no purpose.
    Sorry if you got upset..not intended.

to add to a thread, we need to be correct, to correct what isnīt true(in this case just refering to above mentioned line as to how that would have made it more .."fun")..Is not the same as detract.

Edit..am I using it? to answer your question...not much nowadays, since I think I can get better results with other software and faster.

after checking my private mails, I will try and avoid posting in any thread you make..at least try and make a more cheerful tone when doing so, I noticed that you react several times to how I comment...which from my perspective looks like overreacting emotional...from my perspective that is, Hard to remember which ones are more sensitive an who isnīt.

Great examples, very realistic.

haha, hardly realistic.

But I do appreciate your moment.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I am not arguing against you having fun with it... and you could just as well just state that fiberfx Is fun, but when it is placed as Has become, I start to think..why? and with the following statement it doesn add up to why it has become fun.
    I am just responding on this"Painting weight maps, syncing modeler and seeing it in vpr is sweet.
    This is all wip fun."

---------

the rest of your emotions on my response ...I reserve myself from even commenting on, it serves no purpose.
    Sorry if you got upset..not intended.
    ...not much nowadays, since I think I can get better results with other software and faster.
    Two points:
    It is different in that it actually works. Works quickly. Works better than I have experienced in my using it.
    I did state this: it is fun. I believe it is in the title.
    ----

Then why do you bother to "correct truth" around here?

Who sent you you private emails on my behalf? Most appreciated if you would.
    Robert

What I have found:

-For doing simple hair with guides, FFX does a very good job.

-Some of the UI/UX is inscrutable, and can lead to some frustration. FFX has a bit of a way to go before it becomes a drop in easy solution for hair and fur. It can do the job, but requires a lot of fiddling to make it good.

-Needs a native bias combing solution in layout. Mine works, but dear God, the pain....

-For simple styling of procedural fur on small objects, edit guides does a decent job.

-Origami Digital's FFX length tool is a wonderful little tool. It converts that opaque percentage into a measurement.

-The node editor needs to be brought back to the FFX panel; my main method of assigning fur length is via weightmap. Instead, I have to assign a texture to the scale channel, give it a gradient, then drive it with a weight map. Yes, I could have finer control us a UV texture map, but until we get 3d painting on images native, weightmaps are far faster to work with.

-I'm glad people are finding my quick and dirty spline tools useful. As stated, if you need speed out of them, Sensei's easy spline plugins are the way to go.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Two points:
    It is different in that it actually works. Works quickly. Works better than I have experienced in my using it.
    I did state this: it is fun. I believe it is in the title.
    ----

Then why do you bother to "correct truth" around here?

Who sent you you private emails on my behalf? Most appreciated if you would.
    Robert
    Why shouldnīt I bother about " correcting" when you give statements that could be interpreted as false?
    Well..you answer somewhate upset here, I take it from here, I have to many mails to sort in my private mail, and if you respond here..my response will show here, there was nothing in my post here that possibly can have been taken as a critic towards your work(unless you did by any chance?) or how you feel about fiberfx, I was merely answer to ambigous statements about fiberfx in reference to weight paint, and update in vpr..which has been there before..that is nothing new for 2018.

You say it actually works?...that is a truth with modification, fiberfx has been working in 2015 and before that, ergo ..you are not putting up truthfully assertions, that is why I bother to correct.

You can go around and continue to state it works better than ever before, it doesnīt matter...or give any flesh to the bones on the statement you did concerning weight paint and vpr update.

Fiberfx worked with 2015, with weight paint, with vpr update, sure there could be crashes if you do not follow the proper steps, but I had crasches here in 2018 as well.
    To further quote...
    "I have a moment to play and I tell ya: Fiberfx has become FUN!

Painting weight maps, syncing modeler and seeing it in vpr is sweet. "

And yes...like we never could do that in 2015 or? did you actually not make a distinction there between 2015 and 2018?

Kryslin,
    Indeed. Lots of stuff to be done. Lots of things that could be simply pulled from all that Sas did regarding combing.

I think the lack of stability has deterred many tools from being developed for ffx. The present stability is superior to any I have had the patience for.

Obviously, you have, developing your own tools for things that lack. Painful for you - and I thank you for it.

Being able to go an hour or so, styling, painting weights AND saving states makes for a new paradigm with a lot of abilities I have not seen in LW since Joe Alter was around.
    You and Greenlaw have proven it can be done. But with an inordinate amount of patience from what I've seen.

Styling still isn't intuitive. Now to see which other tool is going to be more fun making better hair styles.
    Robert

The one tool I want to develop is an interactive comb & cut tool for splines, similar to 3DSMax's combing tools.

With collision detection between spline and scalp.

Another nice refinement to edit guides in layout would be to select the polys you want to work on. 16K guides are a pain to work with, especially in close quarters, like around a face or muzzle...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

See... Patience.

Here's hoping you get time to make these tools. Ha, or someone beats you to them.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Great examples, very realistic.
    game changing !
    new web page up www.null.hr

Ha, I think there are users who are using it as such.

Mine, not so. haha

Mine are the display of a user able to do things, consistently, without the pain of lost work and time. Something I haven't been able to do with LW for a bit.

Thanks for your moment.
    Robert

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast