Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: LightWave Update

I just remembered my old username, so balkanman is outdated.
    and to "having some enthusiasm for the product", just watched this mars rover, meshes in the shock absorbers ( or what this funny things are named) run out sideways and nobody cares, and alltogether you cannot build suspensions like in irl cars, just absorbers, its all just soso lala, so please dont use the words "...having some enthusiasm for the product ..." and "...the fellow at the top of the company.. "
    in one sentence, or maybe you have a very special definition of enthusiasm,

The only issue I see here is that similarity to politician statements...

Guy beibg enthusiastic about a X product, saying there's some amazing stuff they working on and people will be blown away...

"No, that's not what he said, don't hope for too much, he was just enthusiastic..."

Seriously, wth is going on in here.

This thread has metastasized. That’s what’s going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Seriously, wth is going on in here.
    Same old thing. People take something out of context, and speculate wildly about what it might mean. Newtek says, no, that's not right. Everyone ignores this. Then, other people take issue with the speculation, and still other people complain that Newtek is opportunistically raising false hope based on nothing. Still more people wander in later, after things get sort of half sorted out, and start it all over again. Just another typical day in the forum.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    This thread has metastasized. That’s what’s going on here.
    Stage 4 too.
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    NewTek is working on developing more learning materials for the current version.
    I think this little nugget of info will make a lot of users happy. The eventual release of the training will help further restore faith in LW’s continued development and will go far in assisting with marketing the product to potential new users as well. Thanks for sharing this, Chuck.
    Last edited by devin; 05-06-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    NewTek is working on developing more learning materials for the current version.
    Chuck, this is ALWAYS a Good Thing. I was very cheered when the various Cody videos released, because it clarifies a lot of things that might seem self-obvious inside the offices, but not so much out here.

Conversely, I was quite disappointed that was not an on-going effort.

A monthly schedule of educational releases shouldn't be TOO onerous. Monthly, pick the thing that most seems to be confusing users, or neglected by users, and give it a whirl.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Soft like Charmin...

I have long said that the people who complain and ****** and moan even after the new LW come out will continue to do so.
    No one has fully taken advantages of the 2015.x cycle let alone the new 2018.x version but they still whine about the stupid merits of integration and produce nothing and offer no help.
    LIGHTWIKI Facebook board is the place for folks to get help now. I offer and recieve it. The whiners show up there a little but I dont think ppl will suffer them long.

How about use the friggin software, man. If you are in production then its agreat tool. If you are feature matching to other apps then you will whine indefinite.

Yes, I think there is a language problem in this instance. You are not wrong that too many of our marketing communications about the product in past generations have made what's coming in LightWave the focus instead of what's in LightWave now. That in turn has in effect trained a lot of the community to also focus that way, and many of them wish us to persist with that focus, but we will not be doing that.
    Thats the thing my fuzz was all about, or to be more detailed: neglecting the current version marketing and training wise for the sake of a new unreleased future version. Andrews remark might not be intended in that way, but from my pov it fit into this. Since you clarified your strategy on this I'll try to see his comments not in that light, and more on the positive side.
    Thank you for take your time on this.

NewTek marketing is focused now on selling LightWave as it is. NewTek will talk about versions of the product only as we release them, or are at least in final preparations to release. NewTek is working on developing more learning materials for the current version.
    Thats really great to hear. Thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    ...have to admit i got a bit curious

16:40 into the video...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oFe...tu.be&t=16m40s

and hey, no speculation. (if you can resist)
    yea yea we heard that in past.. amazing, mind blowing , game changing, awesome, killer, cool... and loop that for past 20 years
    new web page up www.null.hr

Quote Originally Posted by Julez4001 View Post
    How about use the friggin software, man. If you are in production then its agreat tool. If you are feature matching to other apps then you will whine indefinite.
    It's when you use it in production you realize that many workflows and tools is not very efficient and doesn't work very well and that missing features make your daily life harder instead of easier. We all do different things but for me doing a lot of visualisation and VR with CAD data the lack of vertex normal support in fbx is enough for me to not use Lw anymore.

Frequenter
    guys, you all made your statements - can we now put it to a rest? please...
    So much fuzz about a few vage sentences uttered by someone in a relaxed atmosphere chit-chatting. What was he supposed to reply: "no comment..."?!?
    come on, guys... not much to see here - walk on...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    Edit:

As in confused, thought this thread was quite positive and optimistic look at some cool statement made by someone who is close to Lw devs.

Obviously nothing set in stone, just some general indicator, but cool nevertheless to hear.

I'm fully aware (and prolly everyone here) this wasn't an official developer statement, just a small nugget from behind the scenes, that not necessarily will come to fruition for whatever reason, or could be a total Joke on behalf of Dr Cross who knows, we're not 4 yr old, besides the dude said nothing specific.

Anyhow, bit surprised by hostility, no one in this thread stated that they're taking his words for granted, yet we're being reminded not to set our hopes to high, it probably wasn't even about LW at all (WTH, the guy clearly says LW LOL) and generally gtfo cause we're moaners and waste times on forums, which can be closed anytime.

So, the conclusion is, you can't be happy about software future....and you can't be pessimistic about it too because in both cases you're a moaner who is not using the software and Lightwiki page is so much better .

LOL

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast