Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help setting up mix minus on 2 talkshows on Tricaster advanced 410

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Why? Mix 1-4 are all have Program output set as the video source by default. Are you not showing M/E 1 on Program out?
    Not sure what you mean. Where should I show M/E 1 on Program out?
    I have done everything EXACTLY as the diagram and I am still getting my own voice back on a skype call.

Quote Originally Posted by themovieguy View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Where should I show M/E 1 on Program out?
    Sorry, it's hard to know where to begin here. Your Program output is controlled by the upper Switcher row selection. This is about the first thing you will learn when running a TriCaster, or any switcher - how to choose what video source to send to Program output.

As I said, the video source for all Mix outputs (which are identical to your NDI outputs MIX 1-4) default to "Program". So if you are showing M/E 1 on output, unless you've changed something, MIX 1-4 will all show the same thing. This said, this really has no bearing whatsoever on what you are hearing at the TalkShow, or what the remote caller is hearing. I only brought it up in passing, in an attempt to outline a complete solution for your return a/v feed.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Ok.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5495.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	141441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5496.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	141440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5497.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	141439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5498.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	141438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5499.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	141437  

A thought just occurred to me. There's one more thing we should clear up: You are configuring your TriCaster video inputs by choosing the respective NDI outputs from your Talkshow units, right? That is, you are NOT attempting to connect your TC inputs 7 and 8 to TalkShow units using the "Local>Skype TX Caller" input options, are you?

If that's what you are doing, that's your first problem. Those Local options are not used to connect the feed from a TalkShow to a TC. They are for when you don't have a Talkshow, and audio is handled completely differently in that case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

No. I use the NDI output of each talkshow as inputs on the tricaster (7 and 8)

Excellent. There's no chance that you've accidentally got the returns set to the opposite TalkShow units? Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that there might be some obscure SkypeTX controller setting that's crossed up/
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

No. I actually thought of that and tried switching them them and when it didnt work I switched them back.

You might want to double check that, whether by simply comparing the machine names or disconnecting one.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Tricaster TC-1
    (2) Talkshow VS100's
    Input one is the built in Talkshow channel 1
    Input two is the built in Talkshow channel 2
    Input three is VS100 (1)
    Input four is VS100 (2)

Ok. Installed the latest build Build number 4K-180820C to my TC-1 and it wiped out my mix minus audio settings. Spent several hours trying to get it back.
    Nothing I do fixes it.
    On both external talkshows you hear your own voice back when you talk. (of course the built in Talkshows (channel one and two) the built in mix minus works)

I have tried the exact diagrams on the Newtek PDF on Mix Minus.
    Still does not work. I have tried other settings.
    Nothing I do fixes the problem
    I have tried Mix 1 as the output on the VS100 I have tried Mix 2
    I think I have tried everything at this point.
    Any ideas?
    Everything was fine until I uploaded the new update.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7017.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	142574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7018.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	911.2 KB 
ID:	142573Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7016.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	142575

You don't mention having assigned Aux 1, which is where you set up the mix minuses, to mix 2, which is what I think you'd probably want to connect your two vs100s to...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I have tried assigning Aux 1 yet callers are still hearing their own voice back.

It's really not complicated to set up a mix minus. If you design an Aux mix to flatten all sources onto its output channels, then remove the unwanted one on one channel of the return for a given source, then mute all but that one on the TalkShow return, you're done. If that's not working, there's something wrong with your setup.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I understand for you its not complicated.
    Whats complicated for me is when you follow every direction given to you and it still not working.

Or when you finally get it working and you update to the latest recommended software update and it wipes out your audio setting and you have to start off from scratch, but you have taken photos of the setup in case what happens to you happens and you put everything back to where it was and your callers cant properly talk on air because the sound of their own voice echoing back at them causes them to pause.

Or when you spend 6 thousand dollars on two vs-100's not to mention 15 grand on a TC-1 and when you do have a problem, it takes days for someone to get back to you via email or chat, disabling your workflow, preventing you from doing what you bought the hardware to do in the first place, so you resort to the forums where you get a faster response but are told, you know, its really not complicated.... When you have done everything everyone has told you to do and it is still not working.

Is there anyone out there that can actually work with me and help me besides taunting me by telling me how easy this is to fix, perhaps call me via skype, hear for themselves what is going on and perhaps offer input on making changes real time and help me solve my problem?
    I will make it worth your while.
    Maybe there is something I can help someone else with in return.

I am not intending to 'taunt' you, just trying to tell you that if your remote callers are hearing themselves, it's clear that this this MUST be because you are sending them their own output. If you carefully examine what you have configured to send them and eliminate that you will be successful.

Audio configuration for this purpose is just routing, not much more mysterious than plumbing. If you close a valve that would normally allow water to flow to your kitchen sink, you won't get water at your kitchen sink. If you open the valve, it will. Likewise, if you send callers their own sound, they will hear it. Figure out where that's happening and remove it and you will succeed. This has nothing to do with updates, or equipment, except for the fact that something may have gotten inadvertently changed in your configuration during the process.

p.s, You wrote "Input three is VS100 (1), Input four is VS100 (2)". it's not immediately clear to me which TalkShow is shown in the second image in your post #24, but it is not configured correctly. In that case, at least, you appear to be passing through channel 1 from Mix 1 to your caller. Assuming AUX 1 (which you configured as your mix minus source) is NOT assigned to MIX 1, this is incorrect. And even if you had assigned AUX 1 to MIX 1 (which I wouldn't normally recommend, to avoid confusion), you have muted channels 2, 3 and 4, while sending channel 1 - which would be one of the channels with all sound on it.

If the first image is correct, and we discard the second image (the TalkShow Return audio setup), you would properly assign AUX 1 to MIX 2, assign the audio from MIX 2 as the return audio source for the Talkshow connected to TriCaster's input 4, and then mute channels 1, 2 and 3 only (since you have 'minused' the sound from input 4 from AUX 2's channel 4).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

The manual for the upcoming V2 (a.k.a., 7-0) has a little more detail on setting up mix minus for use with TalkShow. I've created an excerpt from the section on Routing to see if it might help you grasp the principles a bit better than this thread has done, and will attach it here.

Routing Tab.pdf
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast