Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamorphic for LightWave 2018 (AnimatedSculpt previously)

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Just installed and tested, works great! Very stable too.

The Sculpt brushes work incredibly smooth now. Selection buttons help for the keyboard layout issue with the updated UI.

Maybe the option to display or hide the numbers in Weight mode and speed optimizations for Weight Painting and I'm completely happy (way more than I expected in the beginning).
    100% agree

I agree too, and something very basic but usefull : indicate on title bar of the windows on which mesh metamorphic is working on : actually, it is difficult to immedialy see it when multiple metamophic windows are opened...
    In this case too, a simple direct-acces on/off button to switch immedialy between these MM windows would be nice too to fluidify a little more the workflow: in this case, the basic scuplt option should be accessible by default (directly on screen when opening the MM window), i belevieve these MM function are basicaly the one which will be used the most frequently by users...
    Thanks
    Le Jardin Digital - Créations 3D / Design /Films - www.lejardindigital.fr

Just noticed in the options that it was possible to hide vertices values in selections. Weight mapping is still a bit sluggish, but much easier to do. 1.4 is really a great update.

Really sorry but I just can't get this plugin to work on a Mac. It was fine a couple of versions back but now instantly crashes LW just by clicking the Metamorphic button I've added to a menu.

I've removed plugin and re-added but still get an instant crash. Are there instructions to totally wipe Metamorphic from my Mac so I start fresh?

Weirdly, when I clear the plugins it comes up as being a Modeller plugin as well. Is this right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metamorphic.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	141970  
    Last edited by raw-m; 06-16-2018 at 07:53 AM.

OK - update!! I think I've been applying it wrongly. You need to add it to an object directly from the Properties, don't try to add or access Metamorphic as a button in the UI or LW will crash instantly!!

Even so, doing it the wrong way shouldn't crash LW - I'd prefer a warning/how-to dialog! One for the list, Jamil!?

Great plugin

Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    OK - update!! I think I've been applying it wrongly. You need to add it to an object directly from the Properties, don't try to add or access Metamorphic as a button in the UI or LW will crash instantly!!

Even so, doing it the wrong way shouldn't crash LW - I'd prefer a warning/how-to dialog! One for the list, Jamil!?

Great plugin
    Well, that is the method shown by Jamil in his original 'Getting Started With Metamorphic' video:

https://youtu.be/UwaNHpbMDzc?list=PL...WrXllaccSmKpR8

Look at around 50seconds in. You open Object Properties and add Metamorphic as a modifier. That is the only way I have been adding it, it never occured to me to use any other method.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Thanks Qexit, you're right - I could have sworn I used the UI button first time I had it, but wrong - apologies all!!

Metamorphic 1.4.5 UPDATE!!

- New Smudge sculpt tool
    - Introduction of Blur tool to most brush modes
    - Added Vertex Normal Maps editing
    - Can now bake the sculpts to Vertex Normal Maps
    - Much better masking and weight painting tools

GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS AMAZING TOOL NOW!! http://jhwerks.com/lightwave-plug-ins/

Another great update, thanks Jay!

Even with normal map baking, incredible!
    Last edited by Marander; 06-25-2018 at 05:49 AM.

Extremely interesting, I will probably buy this plugin anyway but: How does this work, can it be used on any object? Does it create new geometry when f.e. the surface is pushed outwards or do you need a object with very high density?

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikSkoglund View Post
    Extremely interesting, I will probably buy this plugin anyway but: How does this work, can it be used on any object? Does it create new geometry when f.e. the surface is pushed outwards or do you need a object with very high density?
    Hi,

it is definitely a nobrainer this plugin , it works on many objects, also on subdiv but it is a little bit slower on subdiv object, but in generel it works really fast and smooth.

it doesn´t create new geometry

it also works also with instancing, you can paint instances with the vertex and weight paint tool, which is really cool, so it works great for landscaping for placing/paintig grass, rockts etc. ...

hope i could help you
    alexs
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d View Post
    Hi,

it is definitely a nobrainer this plugin , it works on many objects, also on subdiv but it is a little bit slower on subdiv object, but in generel it works really fast and smooth.

it also works also with instancing, you can paint instances with the vertex and weight paint tool, which is really cool, so it works great for landscaping for placing/paintig grass, rockts etc. ...

hope i could help you
    alexs
    Ok thanks for the answer! I guess that means that you often need to use really high density meshes to work something nice out of it?
    I'm going to have to give this a try really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d View Post
    Hi,

hope i could help you
    alexs
    Interesting, I used to do workarounds with painting in modeler, switching to layout and it would update anyway if you have set your weights right with gradients in the instancing weight.
    I would like to see a demonstration on how fast it updates the instances when painting with weight paint.
    Ideally ..I would like to have a brush controlling also erase and scaling of instances, if that happens, we are starting to ge a matching Vue eco paint system, and I would probably only need a tool for setting a weight amount percentage for various loaded objects in the instancer.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikSkoglund View Post
    ...I guess that means that you often need to use really high density meshes to work something nice out of it?...
    While one could perceive this as a modeling tool from the video demonstrations on spheres, it is (was*) primarily a morph tool, which follows the long-standing principle of maintaining point count to allow proper deformations.

(*"was" before Mr. Halabi went wild by adding so many other capabilities. In addition to sculpting existing geometry, you can also paint weight/normal/color. )
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive.
    Active LW Development in 2020: DB&W | Deep FX | DPont | LWCAD | TrueArt | ...

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Interesting, I used to do workarounds with painting in modeler, switching to layout and it would update anyway if you have set your weights right with gradients in the instancing weight.
    I would like to see a demonstration on how fast it updates the instances when painting with weight paint.
    Ideally ..I would like to have a brush controlling also erase and scaling of instances, if that happens, we are starting to ge a matching Vue eco paint system, and I would probably only need a tool for setting a weight amount percentage for various loaded objects in the instancer.
    Well, basically it works to simply paint instances (and it does it pretty well) but that's just it (as in the current version). The plugin does already much more than in the beginning which is great.

However it would require an enormous amount of additional functionality to match the Vue EcoPaint (and it would probably never be as fast)

e-on CarbonScatter and Vue EcoPaint is specialized for environments and offers much more:

- it doesn't require any weight or vertex map, node and instancing setup, just start painting
    - it can paint an insane amount of objects
    - painting with pen pressure has direct influence on the object placement, not just via weight map
    - create automatic variations (rocks, foliage) of the instanced objects
    - plant and rock Content browser directly from Eco Painting
    - plants can be modified procedurally in the built-in Plant Editor with tons of settings
    - allow (stackable) Effectors: Single instance, Populate area, Eraser, Scaling, Coloring, Magnet, Lean, Rake/Ripple, Grid align, Jitter, Raise, Lower, Move, Attractor, Tornado, Rotate
    - the Effectors have individual attributes that even include wind angle or strength, stacking, density, falloffs, masks, hug underlying object etc.
    - the Effectors are also available as Brush tools
    - Altitude constraints and ranges, Fuzziness top/bottom, Slope ranges and influence, Orientation tightness, Steep/Flat, Range by object/material/relative to sea/absolute
    - Clumping amount and size, proportional/absolute Offset from surface, Avoid overlapping, Decay near foreign objects, 360 degree population
    - Selection sets and Population selections
    - various adaptive display modes
    - LOD, Wind simulation
    - Brush presets with automatic population settings like Spring Forest, Autumn Forest, Mountain Forest, Grass etc.
    - Layers with Affinity or Repulsion
    - Alphas
    - Fast population, Dynamic population, Particle motion, Baking

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast