Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamorphic for LightWave 2018 (AnimatedSculpt previously)

application inspiration > sSculpt  (Chronosculpt+)

https://vimeo.com/279434808

for some reason the above built in video doesn't always show
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    ...for some reason the above built in video doesn't always show
    It depends if Flash is installed and enabled for the browser. I don't see it because I'm not running Flash.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by glw View Post
    2) Metamorphic currently steals control of your keyboard even after Lightwave has been minimized. This means that if you get an email while you're working on something and you minimize Lightwave while Metamorphic is active, Metamorphic blocks you from using keys like "space" and "f" in the other application. It's seriously annoying.
    Yeah, that's really bad behavior, it can lead to really unfortunate surprises.

Oddly, on Mac, I'm encountering an "opposite"-ish problem: I can't get Metamorphic 1.4.5 to respond to keystrokes at ALL. I can't get it to undo Metamorphic actions by ctrl-Z or cmd-Z even when the Metamorphic panel/window has focus, nor get "p"/"f"/etc. to change sculpt mode -- keystrokes are just sent to Layout and processed using Layout meanings, never by Metamorphic (or at least I can't get them to be). The gadgets work to trigger actions, but the associated keystrokes never seem to do so with either Layout main window, viewport, or Metamorphic window/panel with focus. Metamorphic.plugin 1.4.5 (About text) created 28Jun2018. Go figure.

Anyone else on Mac (10.13?) encountered similar issues with MacLW 2018.0.5 & Metamorphic 1.4.5?
    Last edited by jwiede; 07-19-2018 at 08:38 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by tyrot View Post
    incredible..... NT can you reactivate cheap 2018 upgrade . this thing just sold me 2018!!!!
    Tell me about it! I would buy this instant just because of this plugin! (might have to do it anyway. )
    Terrence Walker
    Studio ArtFX
    I'm still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Yeah, that's really bad behavior, it can lead to really unfortunate surprises.

Oddly, on Mac, I'm encountering an "opposite"-ish problem: I can't get Metamorphic 1.4.5 to respond to keystrokes at ALL. I can't get it to undo Metamorphic actions by ctrl-Z or cmd-Z even when the Metamorphic panel/window has focus, nor get "p"/"f"/etc. to change sculpt mode -- keystrokes are just sent to Layout and processed using Layout meanings, never by Metamorphic (or at least I can't get them to be). The gadgets work to trigger actions, but the associated keystrokes never seem to do so with either Layout main window, viewport, or Metamorphic window/panel with focus. Metamorphic.plugin 1.4.5 (About text) created 28Jun2018. Go figure.

Anyone else on Mac (10.13?) encountered similar issues with MacLW 2018.0.5 & Metamorphic 1.4.5?
    Yes, same for me, here.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    Yes, same for me, here.
    I sent the bug to Jamil by email as well, hopefully he'll figure out what's going on there. It's kind of a major annoyance to always have to use UI widgets in Metamorphic panel (on Mac).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

The plugin cannot be bought anymore

Hopefully NT bought it.

Wha!!!???? I do hope this means NewTek has bought it! It’s got tonnes of potential!!

whaaaaat !! strange.
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

This definitely has me worried and I hope we get some news soon...this plugin looks amazing and I was definitely planning on buying. With two kids in daycare and 3D being a hobby as of now, I'm pretty broke all the time.

I'm pretty broke all the time.
    LightWaver's are always broke...

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    Wha!!!???? I do hope this means NewTek has bought it!...
    This is indeed the kind of message that appears when NewTek buys a developer's product but there's also a fear that some patent troll woke up. Or maybe there's a new, evolved tool he's about to release. Hoping for the best, regardless.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    This is indeed the kind of message that appears when NewTek buys a developer's product but there's also a fear that some patent troll woke up. Or maybe there's a new, evolved tool he's about to release. Hoping for the best, regardless.
    My best hope for it would be that Newtek bought it to provide it within the next lw release, no more additional plugin, or standalone chronosculpt...though I need to look in to if it can cover all chronosculpt aspects.
    If it arrives Natively to lightwave..then the newtek team would finally be implementing what I said chronosculpt should be from the very beginning, inside lightwave, and it would also start to cover basic sculpting needs.
    Would be exciting if it maybe arrives within the next release.

But just guessing, and they would need to make sure they have people that can continue to develop it.

Better yet - maybe NT hired Jamil on as a full-time developer with a signing bonus to get Metamorphic.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast