Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamorphic for LightWave 2018 (AnimatedSculpt previously)

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    Honestly, $75 for what Metamorphic is now, is a real bargain !
    It should has been an early bird offer price, that should be over $100 by now.
    You said that!

It should have been an early bird offer price, that should be over $100 by now.
    i thought the same, it is worth much more...awesome plugin and great support...
    My Portfolio - http://alexs3d.blogspot.com - Now with Photography

Keep cheep and go deep

Quote Originally Posted by alexs3d View Post
    i thought the same, it is worth much more...awesome plugin and great support...

As I have yet to buy but will I think the 75.00 is a great price! There is something to be said about mass market at under 100.00 a lot of folks will buy on impulse and use and talk it up. At over 100.00 a person starts to slow down and think "will I use it" "is it worth it to me"... So as LWCAD was less for years and grew in user base so I think you should not overprice your product but let it grow fast and wide in the LW 2018 community. Looks like a great tool and is I am sure and I will purchase soon.
    Thanks Wade
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    As I have yet to buy but will I think the 75.00 is a great price! There is something to be said about mass market at under 100.00 a lot of folks will buy on impulse and use and talk it up. At over 100.00 a person starts to slow down and think "will I use it" "is it worth it to me"... So as LWCAD was less for years and grew in user base so I think you should not overprice your product but let it grow fast and wide in the LW 2018 community. Looks like a great tool and is I am sure and I will purchase soon.
    Thanks Wade
    thats correct what you said, cause for me at that price it was a nobrainer therefore i am a impulsbyer , also i am only a hobbiest.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    --redacted--

Y'know, I think I see what's going to happen to Modeler.

++++++++++++++

Question: is LAYOUT running the fabled Hydra mesh engine (whatever that means), while Modeler is not?

And, just since I'm here: Jadim, you are a hero here!

++++++++++

It should have been an early bird offer price, that should be over $100 by now.
    SHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 05-24-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Question: is LAYOUT running the fabled Hydra mesh engine (whatever that means), while Modeler is not?
    As far as I understand and NewTek stated yes that's the case.

However while LW 2018 is quite good in handling large meshes, Chronosculpt is a whole different beast. It sculpts giant geometry like butter.

Metamorphic (or better say LightWave) cannot handle such large meshes but has a good performance and offers other features (brush settings, easy keyframing etc.).

if you want full texture painting and baking features to Metamorphic and more, please support jamil halabi on patreons, i am in
    https://www.patreon.com/user/overview?u=5449492

thx

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Didn't this start out as just a "corrective morph utility"??? --Amazing. I wish I needed it.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I didn't realize this was his only form of income. I'm proud to say I purchased it, regardless that Chronosculpt has been upgraded.

Blog Entries
    Hey Jay you should at the link yo your sig.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    Hey Jay you should at the link yo your sig.
    Yes and do some (free) marketing, inform sites like cgpress or cgchannel, cgtalk, post on FB etc (in case you haven't done yet).

Honestly, if Jay3D is able to add pazinting and baking options to Lightwave, and considering all that have been done, it seems quite probable he is able to do this with great efficiency, and if Metamorphic is his only source of income, I think NT should really consider bringing him in-house (maybe they did, ofc, only speculation and «*outloud thinking*» from me) because having these functions natively in LW could well be a game changer to attract new users or encourage current ones to upgrade to 2018 and after. I’ll buy it on monday when the paycheck’s here. I’m so fed up having my jaw dropping at each new update

Curiosity: has anyone else had trouble with Paypal? I've spent a couple days trying to check out as a guest with a credit card (tried 2 different cards) but the form just refreshed to itself and never processed. Paypal's guest checkout was used earlier this week for something else and it was fine. I wonder if something is misconfigured for the metamorphic payment link...or maybe GDPR quirks just recently appeared in Paypal's form.

I ended up going back and logging in with my Paypal account to make the transaction.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Not sure about c4d but you can do it in max and maya some free some paid plugins.
    Which plugins do this in 3dsMax... Non-linear morphing between sculpts?

There's this built in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwae_NgqZAk but it's nowhere near to Metamorphic.

Anyway... Jamil, reckon you should post your Patreon link on here somewhere, I'm happy to support your dev work!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Just purchased metamorphic and took it for a very short test spin. Absolutely fantastic plugin! I tried the convert to endomorph function and it works great! It can write over existing endomorphs no problem, So the corrective morph workflow for fbx exports to unity (morphs in morphmixer) is going to be completely painless. Also I love that it uses the regular old graph editor for key editing instead of its own timeline like the 3rd powers tools. Hoping to see pressure support for Mac, but wow! What a steal for $75. Anyone on the fence should just get it.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast