Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Metamorphic for LightWave 2018 (AnimatedSculpt previously)

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    After reviewing Lino's video, it appears that certain features I asked about aren't supported (esp. smoothing brush, mask support with inversion). I've edited the post accordingly, instead putting those forth as feature requests.

Easy ability to jump back/forth between sculpting brush and user-adjustable "smoothing brush" while sculpting was quickly added to LWBrush after lots of users requested it, and so I'll put forth a request for the same functionality in your tool.

Likewise, having ability to dynamically create/edit/invert masks to limit brush effects is highly useful for working in tight areas. Also, note this is slightly different than ability to control which vertices/polygons the tool can act upon at activation, they are both useful features, and both provide distinctly valuable benefits. Please consider this a request for dynamic masking functionality in your tool, as well as vertex/polygon-level tool scope selection at activation.

Due to limitations in Layout SDK, I suspect acting upon multiple objects/object-layers at once isn't feasible, so I've withdrawn my questions along those lines.

A video that shows how the tool's undo/redo/history functionality works, as well as how it integrates with other Layout tools' undo functionality would be very welcome -- Lino's preview didn't really show much there. In particular, does "dropping" the sculpt tool cause the undo/history to be flattened, or can the user come back and use it later?

Thanks!
    Agreed masking & smoothing is a must.

Congratulations! Hopefully you create more plugins for lightwave in the future.
    Its too bad Lino posted this on fb but then put a lot of sneaky jabs at Newtek and telling everyone he basically switched to Blender. Lol!
    The grape is sour.

Nice!
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

One more request - copy/paste keys.

I would be curious to see how the endomorph workflow functions. can the plugin directly edit an existing endomorph? Or are they completely separate systems that require conversion. I work with unity a lot, so I need endomorphs, which AFAIK is the only way to get blend shapes into unity.

hey hyper. Jay may need to weigh in on the "edit existing endomorph" part of things. From what I see from using the plugin, you can move the mesh (or push/pull, etc.) to sculpt it to create an endomorph, and then there's a button to save the endomorph. Afterwards, you can save your object from within Layout. You can then add (or if you already added) a Morph Mixer and you will have access to that endomorph. It saves the endomorph with a standard Scupltxxxx name. But, if you saved your object, you can open it in Modeler and rename it or modify further in Modeler. I'm enjoying using this plugin. I tried to modify an existing endomorph, but, I think if you click on the Save Endomorph button, it will create a new endomorph with the Sculptxxx name. Maybe Jay could have the plugin read existing endomorphs and then you could modify existing ones. Hope that helps.
    It's better to have tried and failed, than to have failed to try.
    Patreon - www.patreon.com/ernesttx

Getting Started with Metamorphic

Hi guys!

This the first video of a series of videos I'm making to explain many features of the Metamorphic plugin

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers!

Thanks for that ! For sure this kind of content will help you selling your plugin.

Edit : if you could add a signature with a direct link to your plugin, that would be nice too
    Last edited by omichon; 05-05-2018 at 03:29 AM.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Another candy for your eyes

incredible..... NT can you reactivate cheap 2018 upgrade . this thing just sold me 2018!!!!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by jay3d View Post

HOLY MACKEREL. That is some serious rocket science there, I can't even imagine how you pulled that off. :applause:

And as someone else said: making these videos is A Very Good Idea for getting folk excited, and for selling plugins.

REALLY impressive!
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

cinematic weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by jay3d View Post

This is simply amazing !

Thanks for that video !!!
    Now I see the potential of your Metamorphic Plug-In !!!

Great tool for CA and MoCap stuff as well.

Please continue with that explanatory videos - thanks a lot !

;-)

Regards,

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

If you gusy go to Lightwiki Facebook, Oliver and Jay talks about the architecture in LW2018 has allowed for more functionality and more amazing abilities than ever before. Hopefully Dpont can come ack and take advantage of the tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Julez4001 View Post
    If you gusy go to Lightwiki Facebook, Oliver and Jay talks about the architecture in LW2018 has allowed for more functionality and more amazing abilities than ever before. Hopefully Dpont can come ack and take advantage of the tools.
    link to that? and can you see it without a facebook acount?

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    link to that? and can you see it without a facebook acount?
    Not sure about the specific comments being referred to but you can view Lightwiki Facebook here: https://en-gb.facebook.com/lightwiki/

Oliver has some posts at the start of the feed which you can read through without a an actual Facebook account....though it will keep trying to get you to login or sign up.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast