Thread: Blank Screen + Lock-Up on Session Launch - TC-1

Exclamation Blank Screen + Lock-Up on Session Launch - TC-1

Hi everyone;

I had an issue, that now looks like it has been resolved but wanted to gain some further insight to prevent anything from happening in future.

On our Tricaster TC1, we had 2 frequently used sessions that we would use to accomplish what we need to do day in, day out.

It was a Friday afternoon and the Tricaster TC1 was shut down for the weekend, the shut down was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. The TC1 was not used over the weekend.
    Monday morning comes around, the TC1 is booted up, all seems normal. The TC1 automatically goes ahead and launches the last used session, which was also going to be used for Mondays project.
    The session appears to have launched normally, the green indicator light at the top of the screen appears signifying "Tricaster Initialisation Complete", then!, out of no where; both screens go black, control surface is unresponsive, as well as keyboard and mouse. The TC1 is not responding to any commands (including Ctrl + Alt + Delete). There is no other choice but to hold the power button and complete a forced shut down.

After this, I wait around 2 minutes before booting up again. I boot up the TC1, again, all appears to be normal, I launch the other session we normally use and boom! the same thing happens, except this time the screens are not black; one is aqua blue and the other looks to be a brownish colour. The TC1 is unresponsive, I complete a forced shut down.

I go through this process 3-4 more times, 3/4 of the times, the screens go black after launch, 1 of the other times, one screen was black and one screen was aqua blue.

I am located in Australia, so as advised on the NewTek website I called our supplier and they advised that the sessions are more than likely corrupted and I should attempt starting a new session. They also advised that I should proceed with a factory reset if I have the time to ensure all bugs are washed out of the system.
    I also proceeded with deleting the effected sessions from the system, as well as their folders + backups

I proceeded with starting and rebuilding with of our sessions.
    - I launched a brand new session, 1080p at 25p. Blank session launched successfully, no black screens, all is functioning.
    - I begin to rebuild the session and have it functioning correctly
    - Problem seems to be solved

I decide to do a system restart and then relaunch the session to see what happens. The SAME! thing happens, twice. The session launches, green light appears, and then crash and no responsiveness from the system. Forced shut down required

Then.... Out of no where.... The session begins to launch successfully, even after restarts. The new/rebuilt session has successfully launched probably about 15 times now with no issues. The problem seems to be gone...

Why I am posting this?
    If anyone has ever experienced anything like this or if anyone has any insights on what has happened, it would be GREATLY appreciated! I need to understand why it has happened to make sure it doesn't happen again.

A bit more info on the system and the sessions:
    Tricaster TC-1 + hardware:
    - Only a few months old
    - Using 3X NewTek PTZ camera's connected via NDI with backup SDI in place
    - Using Tricaster control surface with included keyboard and mouse
    - One monitor connected via HDMI, the other monitor connected via HDMI via the DVI port with and a Belkin DVI to HDMI adaptor
    - System is not setup for streaming, system is only used for live recording
    - Systems drives still have plenty of space, most are empty as all recording takes place on external devices/drives

Tricaster Sessions:
    - Virtual set
    - 3 camera's
    - One session is used for Skype interviews, using inbuilt Skype TX functionality in TC1
    - The other sessions is used for in studio interviews
    - Green screen
    - Using macro's for virtual set animations

If I have left out any info you might need let me know!

Look forward to seeing any info anyone may have, thanks is advance!

Since this is your first post, you might get better feedback by posting in the appropriate TriCaster section of the forum instead of the LightWave section.

CCC

Thank you, apologies! Clicked on the wrong section