Thread: normal map maker - and its online and free

Nice. here's another one more complex but does more. https://material-z.com/

Those are both very cool freebies. I've been using ShaderMap Pro for this sort of thing--it's cheap and works great--but it's good to see there's an online alternative if I'm in a pinch and don't have access to SMP.

Thanks for posting these links.

Very cool. Thanks for stepping up and sharing the fun!
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

i've got a list of stuff like this, I should compile it, check to make sure they are still up online and post - there are loads of cool freebies that are useful!!

http://www.cgchannel.com/2018/04/fou...-vfx-platform/

This one will be online soon.
    Bwahahaha look at that pricing.

they say -- For such artists, one of the key benefits of Athera will be that you don’t need to buy or maintain expensive hardware to run a business: everything runs in the cloud, with only the display being streamed to the user.

what are they talking about - at 1200 a month - in two months you can just buy a dedicated machine, one more month and you have the software - so how is it economical?

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    ... one of the key benefits of Athera will be that you don’t need to buy or maintain expensive hardware to run a business: everything runs in the cloud, with only the display being streamed to the user.
    My recent experience with LW/Octane online license checks (granted it's not the final release), Adobe cloud / Autodesk licensing issues at work, and internet at home going down for a few days makes me look upon anything cloud based as the antithesis of productivity, stress free environment and economy.

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    they say -- For such artists, one of the key benefits of Athera will be that you don’t need to buy or maintain expensive hardware to run a business: everything runs in the cloud, with only the display being streamed to the user.

what are they talking about - at 1200 a month - in two months you can just buy a dedicated machine, one more month and you have the software - so how is it economical?
    Who would pay montly for blender and modo at that price?
    Autodesk didn't join. They did buy Lagoa a while back. Maybe they have their own version soon.

I'm more a fan of browser based software than using the cloud.