Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DAZ 3D export strange clothes!

I used to export characters from DAZ without any problems earlier but since they updated the iRay I am lost. Don't even know what that is good for?

I will try to find out more and cut that string off before I export next time!

What software are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    It takes long to export if you have iRay enabled and many Morphs. If you export in Textured mode it should only be few minutes even with many cloths and Morphs and I have a huge runtime library. I export from DAZ all the time with many Morphs included (but I'm not using it in LW)
    Curious

I will try that to!

By the way, this is what happened when I exported with 2012 Asci.

No animation included and the clothes doesnīt fit at all.

But if I twist and turn the bones the clothes at least follows the character

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Sounds insane, go back to basics, export only a simple nude figures without morphs...should only take a few seconds.
    if thatīs the case of going faster, check your special character and what it may contain in terms of images etc.

Your hardware should be able to cope with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error clothes 04.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	609.2 KB 
ID:	141278  
    Curious

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post
    I used to export characters from DAZ without any problems earlier but since they updated the iRay I am lost. Don't even know what that is good for?

iRay is a very good renderer if you render in DAZ directly. If you export FBX it shouldn't be needed, therefore best to change to Textured mode. I agree with Prometheus, FBX2012 format is the best to use for LW. Make sure you bind the cloth to the skeleton in the export dialog. I'm not at my 3D machines at the moment and cannot check my settings now unfortunately. Maybe I can check tonight. I use my exported FBX in Cinema4D Studio, where I can use DAZ models directly, not using LW much lately (and 3D is just a hobby for me).
    Last edited by Marander; 04-18-2018 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxtone View Post

the iray renderer in Daz is great, it is both cpu and gpu aware and you can choose which one of them to use or use both, as gpu it delivers much faster GI than lightwave does today(2018)2015 is another story though, a con is however that it is passing/preparing the scene for quite many seconds (15-20) before the interactive renderer starts..but once that is done you can move around rotate or change sun and it will interactively update quite fast, if you have a good nvidia card with cuda cores, it may be able to render interactively quite fast, you can choose in viewports to render interactively or the aux window.
    the render quality is very nice, and the sky system is much better than dpontīs sunsky for lightwave, you have blurred horisont, and you can get blooming effect interactively with iray.
    Downside is that these human 3d software for free is limited in many ways, dynamics, effects, hair and hair dynamics etc.

I would like to record a demonstration of that and with my system specs, but have so little time now.

These are my export settings for fbx:

Attachment 141297

How would you change clothes, would just export a new character or just the clothes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12