Thread: Skaarhoj in stock?

Skaarhoj in stock?

Anyone know of a dealer that might have a Skaarhoj PTZ Pro in stock in the USA?

Best,

Ben

Benjamin Freedman
    PrimeImage Media
    480-399-0000 - direct
    480-240-9270 - office
    866-549-6051 - fax
    [email protected]
    www.PrimeImageMedia.com

Also interested to find this out. Anyone have any info on the Skaarhoj PTZ Pro? I know that you can order it direct from the manufacturer but looks like it takes a few weeks for delivery.

Our U.S. supplier says "available, takes about a week" to get them.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
    Safe Harbor Computers
    www.sharbor.com
    800-544-6599

We're currently having an issue using our Skaarhoj PTZ joystick with our NDI cameras (PTZOptics). Apparently, using SDI is fine, but with NDI, it causes too much traffic on the network for the joystick to handle. We're currently working with Skaarhoj and PTZ Optics for a solution, but haven't found it yet. Hoping to make progress on that this week...

In it's current state, the joystick drops connection with the PTZ cameras whenever more than 2 are on the same network using NDI...

Best,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Freedman View Post
    We're currently having an issue using our Skaarhoj PTZ joystick with our NDI cameras (PTZOptics). Apparently, using SDI is fine, but with NDI, it causes too much traffic on the network for the joystick to handle. We're currently working with Skaarhoj and PTZ Optics for a solution, but haven't found it yet. Hoping to make progress on that this week...

In it's current state, the joystick drops connection with the PTZ cameras whenever more than 2 are on the same network using NDI...

Best,

Ben
    I curious to hear what fixes this. Two HX cameras on a 1Gb network would only be a max of 2% bandwidth on the network.

NewTek had one of the Skaarhoj controllers with three or four PTZ1 cameras all running HX at NAB, I don't recall hearing any problems with dropouts, perhaps it is something just with PTZOptiics cameras?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

I agree. It sounds fishy to me, but that's what I've been told by Skaarhoj and PTZOptics. They are saying it may have something to do with Multicasting, but I'm not sure about that. I'll be on the phone to them tomorrow...

Best,

Ben

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    If you are using NDI Multicast mode can you try turning it back to unicast and see if it makes a difference?
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Can't find a setting for that on the PTZOptics web gui... Can you suggest?

There is a multicast switch, but I've been told that's for RTSP only, and besides, it's already defaulted to 'off'

Best,

Ben

I was talking about the Multi-cast sending mode you enable with NDI Access manager.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

I have not used NDI Access Manager... Does that work with the PTZOptics cameras? Is that something I should be using? My setup is not very complex, - 3 cams into a single switch on a single vLan... Do I need to use access manager?

Best,

Ben

In this case, NDI Access Manager is not relevant. I would continue to work with PTZ Optics and Skaarhoj.
    Zane Condren
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call

Consultant
    Ben, did you ever resolve this? I believe in a multicast environment if IGMP snooper was set properly it fixes the issue and there have been other changes and guidelines since someone last posted in this thread. Full disclosure: we were the first distributor of Skaarhoj products in the U.S. and Canada.
    Sandy Audio Visual LLC
    NewTek Certification Testing Center
    Twitter @DCTriCaster

TriCaster: All Models
    Cameras: Sony HDC-P1, X300

My opinion, uncensored. The blog at www.sandyaudiovisual.com.

Yes. Turned out it had something to do with the switch we were using. We were trying managed switches from Ubiquiti and NetGear. Neither worked, although all other functions of the switch were perfect... Oddly enough, we ending up trying a cheap unmanaged switch from BV, and it worked fine... So that ended the matter for us.

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Freedman View Post
    Yes. Turned out it had something to do with the switch we were using. We were trying managed switches from Ubiquiti and NetGear. Neither worked, although all other functions of the switch were perfect... Oddly enough, we ending up trying a cheap unmanaged switch from BV, and it worked fine... So that ended the matter for us.

B.
    Can you tell me, what kind of switch you're using? I'm testing different networking equipment for the last 10 days, because my Skaarhoj PTZ Pro loses camera connections to my NDI enabled Panasonic PTZs (3x AW HE130 1x AW UE70) all the time.
    Ubiquiti, Netgear, now TP Link... IGMP Snooping activated, Storm Control activated. Nothing helps. What really frustrates me, is that I'm not even able to turn off NDI in the Panasonic cameras for testing. Once activated, there is no option to control it. And also I've be told, that the problem is Multicast spam. The Panasonic PTZs with upgrade to NDI are not even able to send NDI|HX in Multicast mode...