Thread: Frrezing Items lag, LW 2018.3

Frrezing Items lag, LW 2018.0.3

Got LW 18.03 on board, plugins loaded, everything works.

I load in a character, complete with Rhiggit2 rig...

And every time I try to manipulate a controller, it comes up "Freezing 1/1922 Items", sits there for a number of seconds (about 30 or so), and then finallly moves the controller .4 degrees.

How do I turn this feature OFF, because its making trying to pose the character impossible.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 04-05-2018 at 01:10 AM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

not done much character stuff, but maybe if you uncheck subdivision on the object properties, that's probably what the freezing is referring to, or just lower the sub level to 0 or something, if its quite high it will take some time and try to do it on each frame
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Problem persists, with all mesh objects set to subd level 0 for display, and subd 0 for render.

Completely removing subd solves the problem, and then crashes lightwave when I try to switch from bounding box to something else.

I also noticed that one layer of the mesh which had subd active on it had an anchor entry, while the other did not. would that cause an issue?
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

shouldn't have thought so, sounds like a bug, i know some others have mentioned some problems with genoma rigs, have you tried 2018.0 .1 and .2 to see if the problem was there throughout, the only other thing i can think of is reordering the deform stack to see if that helps, if you got things like fur / fibre try removing those elements 1 by 1 and see if the problem goes away, you can at least maybe pin down the problem area,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

The same scene was loaded into the entire 2018 series, given the same settings, and the problem persists. However, at some point, it did'nt, because I managed to pose the character interactively.

Makes me wonder if something else got updated, and made lightwave behave in an unexpected way...

I've a video driver update going now.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Driver update didn't solve the problem.

However, I noticed I had some LWCAD lines in the model, so I removed them... And interactive updates are back.

So... LWCAD curves / NURBS and LW Animation do not mix... At All.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 04-06-2018 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Part of post duplicated
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Ah, that'll be because those lines have a LWCAD-defined polygon type on them. Polygon types generate new geometry, which is the "freezing" part. When the mesh deformation is changed, polygon types have to be re-evaluated in case they are dependent on vertex positions (e.g. like metaballs).

---JvdL---

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Driver update didn't solve the problem.

However, I noticed I had some LWCAD lines in the model, so I removed them... And interactive updates are back.

So... LWCAD curves / NURBS and LW Animation do not mix... At All.
    Were there really 1900+ curves/NURBS present in the deformed geometry, or was that the count for the entire scene?

In any case, you should send the scene to Viktor with a description of the problem. If nothing else, perhaps he can put up a dialog when deformation is applied to LWCAD curves/NURBS warning about freezing killing interactivity.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

The count was for the entire scene. There were all of three LWCAD objects in the model. As I'm still using LWCAD 5.51, I'm assuming the issue will be taken care of in LWCAD 2018, currently in beta...
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave