Thread: Lightwave & Unity3D Pivot Point Issue

Question Lightwave & Unity3D Pivot Point Issue

I've centered the pivot point on a model (first image) but when I export via FBX with default settings the pivot placement isn't respected by Unity (second image).
    Any ideas as to how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 9.51.57 PM.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	141035
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 9.53.03 PM.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	141036
    ------------------------------------
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, measure yourself by what you should have accomplished with your abilities"

FWIW, I ended up creating an empty GameObject and parenting the model. So instead of the model's pivot point, I used the translation of the empty game object as the pivot instead.

However, for situations where this might not be either applicable or feasible, it would be "beneficial" to know how to resolve the original issue. That said, if I do end up figuring this out I'll post my findings in this thread to close it out.

Thanks again...
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, measure yourself by what you should have accomplished with your abilities"

Basic question because we can't see your screen, in Unity, have you clicked Pivot to place the tool's handle at the pivot point? I find that to be a gotcha that's easy to forget.

Also we have these threads going for game asset discussion. Feel free to see if these answer any other questions and to add to the discussion:
    LightWave to Unity Quickstart
    Trials and Tribulations: LightWave to Unity

Hey @BigHache,

Thanks for the reply. Pivot seems to only keep the pivot point the object came in with. Center does place the pivot point at at the center but that seems to work only for editing; code will still refer to pivot though.

Thanks for the thread links. I'll definitely check those out.

Are you exporting from modeler or layout? I’ve done several fbx exports from layout to unity with all pivot points intact.