Thread: Trouble with TC1 comp bin and Animation store images

Trouble with TC1 comp bin and Animation store images

Like the title indicates we are having trouble with the thumbnail images in these two bins. We get windows default icons in the animation store bins, so all video files look the same and all jpeg files look the same.
    In the comp bin when we save the comp it just puts the default picture icon in there. We can still run all the comps, but with no images and no ability to title the comps we have to keep a list off on the side to keep track of what is where which is counter productive during a production.

Also for information sake we tested the PTZ bin and it works fine. We click the picture button and it takes a snapshot of whatever input it is linked to and displays the proper thumbnail.

I did some searching here on the forum, but did not run across anything that sounded like this particular issue. Anybody else out there have this happen and what might be the fix?

What software version? First thing I'd do is update TC1 to latest 6-0-180228 software and see if that helps. Perhaps Restore first, then apply Update.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

We updated it just this week and were hoping that it would clear up the issue, but it did not.
    We are on build number: 4K-180228C
    and have the Version: 6-0-180228 software installed.

So you mentioned jpeg images - do those same images show up fine in a GFX bin for example? Just wondering if there is anything weird with the formatting of those perhaps? What if you look up those jpegs in Windows Explorer?
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

All bins have the same standard windows thumbnail image. I am unable to upload pictures here due to being on my phone, but just picture the generic windows 10 thumbnail for jpegs, a different one for png files and so forth. They all have icons based on whatever the default windows setting is both in and out of the tricaster software.

It feels like a Windows issue, but how do we tell the system to show previews of things?

Aha! Thinking along those lines we went to windows, opened a folder with some images in it and went the the view drop down. Low and behold there was a box ticked that was overriding thumbnails! Upon un-ticking it *some of the images in Windows changed back to thumbnails, though the .Tiff and .png files remained as windows default images.

We re entered the TC1 software and everything looks correct! (So far)

Must have been a random update that hit us, because we tend to not run updates until they are verified and since there are only three people with keys to the booth, we know fairly well that nobody dropped to Windows to check the box.

Thanks for the help! It helped me get my brain in the right place to figure this one out.