Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtual Room v1.0 has been released!

It is a pity that the "rooms" are not in real world size (250mm). They are "virtual" …
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by pixym View Post
    It is a pity that the "rooms" are not in real world size (250mm). They are "virtual" …
    What is pity? If you're making big city with skyscrapers, people rarely use kilometers as unit, because of problems in display in Layout.. I used scale 1:10. 0.25m = 2.5m. Because of example 3d building demanded it.

I mean this :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture d’écran 2018-03-27 à 23.18.58.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	461.2 KB 
ID:	140907
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by pixym View Post
    I mean this
    I understand what you meant. And already answered above. 250 mm = 2.5 m but with scale 1:10. If there would be entire city, Layout sometimes does not display nicely in viewport when there are used kilometers..
    People doing exterior archviz often are using 1:10, 1:100 and 1:1000 scales. To prevent issues in viewport.
    People doing visualizations of planet often are using 1:1000000, and instead of Earth radius 6370 km object has 6.37 meters..

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    People doing exterior archviz often are using 1:10, 1:100 and 1:1000 scales. To prevent issues in viewport.
    Not Me, I have never experienced this issue…
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM

I understand what you meant. And already answered above. 250 mm = 2.5 m but with scale 1:10. If there would be entire city, Layout sometimes does not display nicely in viewport when there are used kilometers..
    People doing visualizations of planet often are using 1:1000000, and instead of Earth radius 6370 km object has 6.37 meters..
    I disagree, when using a physical base render you should whenever use real world scales. Landscape is different, you reduce scale but in no way in the amount you mentioned.

especially with PBR roughness, fixed properties and fixed light properties,
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Does original vRoom work with Octane.. ?
    you dont need it for octane.. Octane now has OSL, and there's free osl textures to do just that.
    Oliver

OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    you dont need it for octane.. Octane now has OSL, and there's free osl textures to do just that.
    Now for Max 2019 as well, which means there are going to be many, many OSL resources soon. Already over 100 included with Max. I hope this is not a huge task to add to native Lightwave.

argh, didn't know that. too late - in any case octane seems not to be able to handle it as it has no direct connection to how layout render engine evaluates data. no problem as you might just use the plugin output as render pass when using octane and put everything together in comp.

the scale "problem" is just with the demo model, but i guess the plugin would work perfectly when modelling in real scale. in my experience since using LW 6 i never encountered any problem when rendering buildings or cities modeled in real scale units...

however i would like to know what are the modelling guidelines for using this plugin. do we need to use just separated quads as projection surface? can different polygon sizes be combined when using different surfaces? rarely you will find a building with all the same window sizes. do the polygons with the virtual room surface material have to be disconnected from the rest of the wall?
    Last edited by 3dworks; 03-28-2018 at 05:12 PM.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

found something here http://lesterbanks.com/2017/10/free-...map-interiors/

someone is already testing it here

https://vimeo.com/262144475

and it has an additional middle ground, which is far more realistic and ideal for shopwindows for example! maybe sensei can implement this as well into the LW native version?
    Last edited by 3dworks; 03-28-2018 at 05:28 PM.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

TrueArt Support
    Release v1.1: Fixed two issues that appeared on MacOS X. Thanks Markus for helping finding them.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    and it has an additional middle ground, which is far more realistic and ideal for shopwindows for example!
    IMHO what you showed looks like nothing realistic as my solution.
    The whole point is in randomization of interior images, randomization of draperies, randomization of whether lights are turned on or off (or partially turned on)...

Quote Originally Posted by 3dworks View Post
    maybe sensei can implement this as well into the LW native version?
    I very like that there are virtual people visible in these rooms.
    It's a bit of work, but doable. Similar to how draperies are implemented.
    Randomize yet another set of images of people.
    And place them first, prior calculation of draperies (so draperies will override them).
    Yet another very good idea Markus.

Send me such people sets with alpha by e-mail..

And make some city with Virtual Room..
    (in the easiest to make version you can just make boxes, and set Room Size to fraction of box width,height,depth)

Hello Sensei, one question. This method is quite good for distance but not for closeups since there is no real item inside the rooms, just mapped walls.
    So i wonder if it's potentially possible to add a set of 3d items to be scattered automatically on the floors - i.e. sofas, furnitures, tables and so on.
    In this case this tool would cover nearly 100% of the needs for interiors seen from outside.
    If not, for close shots we have to put real apartments with furniture behind windows.

Thanks
    Paolo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12