Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Best 3D Software?

What's the Best 3D Software?

"Lightwave is not relevant in the current 3D environment."

They smacked blender around 10 min mark, too. But they're right on that one.

Since the answer should be "Whatever works best for you", is this even worth the time to watch? Might this simply be a YouTube trolling to get viewer hits?

What's the best tool out of these:

a Lawnmower
    a Snowblower
    a hedge trimmer
    a tablesaw

Let me know what your answer is.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

*Yawn*
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Since the answer should be "Whatever works best for you", is this even worth the time to watch? Might this simply be a YouTube trolling to get viewer hits?
    They're from Dneg. Thats their pov. I do agree blender will get you nowhere in vfx.

Do LightWave people realize yet that nobody knows outside of the bubble that it still exists? That's what happens when you go dark for 3 years among other things.

Really, t'was ever the same, including back when there were an astonishing number of LW seats compared to the others.

An equally valid question is "Does anyone who comes here for helpful discussions about LW want to be continually harangued about it not being the most popular girl at the prom?"
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Well said Steve....
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2020
    (plugins: LWcad 2018, TFD 1427, Syflex 2018, StarPro 2020, ExrTrader 2020, Ubercam 2.0, RR Daz Mocap (not working), DP Light 2020)

These youtube videos are made by non-professional wannabe lame d*ckheads.

These "non-professionals wannabees" (Henning Sanden and Morten Jaeger) work at MPC and DoubleNegative....

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Really, t'was ever the same, including back when there were an astonishing number of LW seats compared to the others.

An equally valid question is "Does anyone who comes here for helpful discussions about LW want to be continually harangued about it not being the most popular girl at the prom?"
    Thanks for saying that.
    Now say it a few more times.

For those people not want to waste your time, its the standard narrative:
    - max maya for getting rich and famous hollywood star
    - blender just for hobbist never a studio tool
    - C4D for motion graphics and freelancer
    - modo can't compete with maya, not acomplete tool / freelancer tool
    - zBrush not a full tool learn also another tool
    - mudbox is dead
    - Substance Designer/ Painter more artist friendly than mari
    - mari is a super star in texture resolution its standard in vfx

at least they admit that this might be biased.

I don't care who knows about the Lightwave, and I care about what I can achive. Lightwave gave me a very simple way to build animations for my game and plus Lightwave is very affordable for small teams, where you don't have big budgets.
    The one of the main advantages in Lightwave is very intuitive interface, you build what you need in just couple steps.

*Double yawn*

This again? Why do people keep having the same discussions over and over again?

"Oh, X works at Y and says Z - Let's all listen to his praise and glory of the software X uses, because everyone else is just wrong, blah blah blah blah".

"No-one uses that software, and even if you are producing outstanding work in it, you should use other software, because it isn't the industry standard."

"Studios don't use that software, so your future is doomed. DOOMED I SAY"

"Mine is bigger than yours."

"You must be wrong, because I disagree with your opinion"

"Everyone else is saying NAY, so you better say NAY too"

Frakkin' just use what software works for you, in the environment you work in, and what gets you the results you need or want. The rest is just opinion, tribalism, and fluff.

Discussion over. I friggin' wish humans would finally get over bickering over unimportant small stuff like software, or the brands they wear.

Jeez. Stop it already. Get over it, don't worry so much over what software others are using.

Pardon my rant. It's just so exhausting and disheartening. The human race has better things to do than the constant bickering and fighting over inconsequential issues such as what software to use. Oftentimes I think that humans going to remain in a state of bi-polar neurotic tribalist state of mind.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

I think these types of discussions have potential. As a general rule people will get defensive about the software(s) they can afford or are familiar with, and of course this is a Lightwave forum, so a particular emphasis on cross-compatibility with LW is desirable so we can better explore complimentary workflows. Specific aspects like creating the most complex amount of geometry in the fewest amont of clicks, and similar consideration for animation workflows - like we have Ryan's grabber tool to make a character pick something up in LW, what would be the best/qiuckest way to do that in any other software compatible with LW ? I know some people use Modo and LW together. Any other dream combos ? Like does any workflow exist where LW animations could be compatible with Blender GPU rendering ?
    Last edited by TheLexx; 03-24-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast