Thread: External PTZ Controller for Newtek NDI cameras

External PTZ Controller for Newtek NDI cameras

As a small operator typically with a minimum crew and I wear multiple hats during an event: director, switcher, shader, audio tech, etc. It would be extremely convenient to have an external NDI PTZ controller that was capable of controlling my Newtek NDI PTZ cameras. This would allow faster access to these cameras for all function without the need to tie up the control surface which I using for switching SDI inputs (cams and slides). There is always a need to adjust the position/focus/zoom for the PTZ cams or add another location and a separate controller would be helpful. Thanks
    DaveO

I know it's probably not what you're thinking of, but do be aware that you can open multiple instances of Studio Monitor on a laptop (for example) to control a number of NDI ptz cams... for free, too!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

DaveO, we have an app in development with this in mind. Are you going to NAB in a few weeks? I can't promise anything with 100% certainty, but we hope to have a Beta demo running in our booth. You can also email me: [email protected] for more information.
    Dan
    from P.I. Engineering
    The No Slogan Company

P.I. Engineering products are great. If they say they're coming out with something soon, I'll be in line to buy them.

Have been using their products for years with zero issues, hundreds of installations around the country.

Looking forward to stopping by your booth at NAB.

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Wow, Fritz. We're blushing. Thank you for the endorsement. Looking forward to seeing you at NAB.
    Dan
    from P.I. Engineering
    The No Slogan Company

I look forward to catching up with you in "Lost Wages" ...

;-)

Cheers!

Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by DaveO View Post
    As a small operator typically with a minimum crew and I wear multiple hats during an event: director, switcher, shader, audio tech, etc. It would be extremely convenient to have an external NDI PTZ controller that was capable of controlling my Newtek NDI PTZ cameras. This would allow faster access to these cameras for all function without the need to tie up the control surface which I using for switching SDI inputs (cams and slides). There is always a need to adjust the position/focus/zoom for the PTZ cams or add another location and a separate controller would be helpful. Thanks
    DaveO
    I believe Skaarhoj supports the PTZ1 now
    http://skaarhoj.com/designs/ptz-pro/