Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: LightWave 3D Modeler Survey

I actually just noticed this survey and filled it out. A little late. I notice the list of "other programs you use" doesn't include 3D-Coat so I have to write it in.
    ~~Phil Nolan
    www.philnolan3d.com - Twitter - YouTube
    Win 10 Home x64, Core i7 3.4 GHz, GeForce GT 640, 16GB RAM
    Laptop: Win10 x64, Core I7 8th gen, 1.8 GHz, 16GB RAM

I suppose I should mention that a tool like Blender's Bend feature for cylinders would make the task of creating hand rails a lot easier (and more precise).
    Favorite Waves: LW3.5, 5.6c, 7.5, 8.5, 9.6, 2015.

Hi! Sorry for my bad english. This is my features request to Modeler:
    sculpting (like Layout metamorphic brushes could be good), mesh\texture painting, more proficient snapping toolset, retopology, character posing, better uv unwrap, curve to tube, edge to curve, less redundancy and more synthesis (i.e. why bevel, smooth shift, smooth scale, multishift, ecc. tools instead of just one bevel tool with all their features? The same thing for extender tool and more…). In all the cases, i think Modeler is still a good tool but it will be great again with more actual improvements.
    Thank You very much, LW Team.
    ps: with total respect, i didn't like blender, c4d, 3dsmax, ecc, and modo is always incomplete: i want Lightwave, modern and totally proficient. Thanks more.
    Last edited by RoX; 02-07-2020 at 06:32 AM.

I LOVE modeler - best modeling tool out there.

I have just one request; the ability to zoom is decreased the further away from coordinates 0x0x0 one operates - I'd like this 'effect' removed.
    - Ignorance is bliss...

1. Layout modeling tools, including a dedicated sculpting app ( put metamorphic to the side for morphs only) it needs to compete with blenders sculpt..dyntopo included.
    2. Weight map paint natively in layout...with just as good display as in modeler.

SVg support.

After that is set, we have the foundation, the so called ground skeleton for further advances... with features like skin modifiers, animatable curves, fluid emission from weight maps etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post
    Try more tools and you will see what Lightwave is lacking generally, that said with the reservation of Lightwave actually doing all what you need already.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerelium View Post

I have just one request; the ability to zoom is decreased the further away from coordinates 0x0x0 one operates - I'd like this 'effect' removed.
    I like it too, but to think that they just need to fix the zoom issue above seems a little naive.
    There are literally hundreds of issues that need to be addressed.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Parsons View Post
    I like it too, but to think that they just need to fix the zoom issue above seems a little naive.
    There are literally hundreds of issues that need to be addressed.
    Amen to that.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516