Thread: % New Data Link Key for DDR's

% New Data Link Key for DDR's

We would like to see a Data Link Key to display the Time Left on an item from a DDR (or sound I suppose.) A countdown if you will.

For our use, we would output this info to a host so they could see how much time was left to discuss said video / until they were coming back on camera.

A second one for time elapsed would also be helpful.

%DDR1 Clip Remain%
    %DDR1 Clip Elapsed%

These would have to be counted from the in/out points.

Thanks for taking a look,

Dan Young
    Access Nashua
    Nashua Community Television

Interesting notion. I just wanted to mention, in case it helps you now, that monitor viewports assigned to DDRs do have the ability to show timecode rather than video (you would probably assign another viewport to show the video image, or course). I'm not sure this is true for all software versions, but many do allow this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by dan1066 View Post
    We would like to see a Data Link Key to display the Time Left on an item from a DDR (or sound I suppose.) A countdown if you will.
    %DDR1 Clip Remain%
    %DDR1 Clip Elapsed%
    I also would like to have these for all media players.
    Juha Koivisto
    TriCaster 860 AE3, 3Play 425

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Interesting notion. I just wanted to mention, in case it helps you now, that monitor viewports assigned to DDRs do have the ability to show timecode rather than video (you would probably assign another viewport to show the video image, or course). I'm not sure this is true for all software versions, but many do allow this.
    Ours does allow this though it'd be the only piece of info on the monitor to host. We usually set up an ME with information to send to the host on a monitor they can see. Example, a countdown clock we created (and exported as a movie) in a DDR, an NDI input of a Google Doc (or power point etc.) to send them notes if we need to, or the second ddr in the case of a video game review show. We'd use a live text with the above Data Link to show them they have x amount of time left to talk about that video.

Quote Originally Posted by dan1066 View Post

For our use, we would output this info to a host so they could see how much time was left to discuss said video / until they were coming back on camera.

A second one for time elapsed would also be helpful.

%DDR1 Clip Remain%
    %DDR1 Clip Elapsed%

These would have to be counted from the in/out points.

Thanks for taking a look,

Dan Young
    Access Nashua
    Nashua Community Television
    This is something our clients have requested for several years. I placed a feature request a long time ago. Hopefully this will appear soon.

Using an M/E to send a DDR with a time overlay to the studio is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by mzafrany View Post
    This is something our clients have requested for several years. I placed a feature request a long time ago. Hopefully this will appear soon.

Using an M/E to send a DDR with a time overlay to the studio is very important.
    We're still waiting on this right?

TC1 and Advanced Edition3:
    Set a multiview to full screen, assign the DDR to the viewport and enable both the thumbnail and timecode options. This does burn the only multiview on most older models.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4k.